Error /thread/loops

hi guys...keep getting this error/uninstalled ya da...from scratch twice i think, keeps looping, updated to newest...any suggestions? i'll ck back, raining and need to ck on some critters make sure their pontoons are holding up...love, rose

yes registry cleaned, rebooted...all the usual things
it won't even let me in there long enough to poke around, help file or anything
ty

There should be some DMP files that you can send us, which should let us see what's going wrong:

FWIW, registry cleaners are generally more likely to cause problems than solve them.

i agree on reg cleaners if you don't know what you are doing
just sent mini dumps, files so small did not compress
the issue is when i restore config
i would really not like to have to do config all over so if you can please see where that error is in config that would be simply wonderful

ty, rose

one thing i noticed when i installed i did not make opus override explorer so i could see files/but it is taking over explorer anyway/which then blocks moving around unless i override with 'open'

damn did not include link to this topic but i did put my name/if i have to resend let me know, sry

Haven't received anything so far. Sometimes email is delayed so I will keep a look out for it.

Zipping the DMP files is generally best even if they are small, since some email tools don't handle non-archive attachments well. Although it shouldn't matter in most cases.

hi leo, kindred cat lover

just tried a few more things, i have 3 configs saved, 2 from 2019, same problem/works till i restore config and tried replace everything and only replace few things/that is where i am at so far...totally weird lol

btw...any new opus in the works? i can't imagine it being any better than it is now but then i think that until a new one comes out/just curious/i can think of one feature more than dual listers but no prob i have Q Dir when I need that feature

i could try restore just one part of config at a time but i'm tired of looking at the screen and will just wait till you can see what might be going on...i did have a problem with ie that i never use/got that straightened out and installed edge (which i will never use) so everything went back as it should but that is when this issue with opus occurred/sry i should have mentioned that

win 7 ultimate...and yes, still win 7/it's the one i prefer

The DMPs don't seem to have arrived. Would it be possible to re-send them?

You could try sending them via private message in case there's an issue with email somewhere.

If you want to send the config backup that seems to be involved, we can try to work out where the issue is within that, too.

sure...ty for cking into this
i did think to reinstall opus and run the win troubleshooting for that app. let me do that first now.

sure...ty for cking into this
i did think to reinstall opus and run the win troubleshooting for that app. let me do that first now.

okay i got it working...first i restored the 4th choice, just basic framework and it worked, but not additions like size specs and special files to back up...then i restored with those additions, the choice under the 4th one (or is it third)...so it had to be somewhere in images and sounds/totally weird.

like i said ie, which is embedded into the os somewhere went crazy/it was when micro■■■■ made all the web links inoperable few weeks ago and had to straighten that out/since i use portable browsers any links in email went to ie, i had no choice, i tried...so resolved that by installing edge for email links only and good to go. but whatever they did when they did something to ie screwed up a number of things for my os/the push of course is to force ppl to use the newest and most intrusive spyware win 11.

my IT friend ran 11 for a bit bc of few programs he wanted and while finding 11 better than 10 he decided to go back to 7/as far as win os it has some nice features and is not an open door to micro...he put modifications on my version to limit that so i thought i was in the clear but ie still managed to reek havoc.

if i have any more issues i will let you know but so far all is well.

are there any plans for opus 13? not that it matters i love it and it just works so beautifully. I have Q Dir when i need more than two listers. i hope opus does not continue support for win 7. if it does i'm happy as a pig in mud with what i have but i always enjoy your new releases.

hope all is well in your neck of the woods...i have a good friend in Canberra where things are not so controlling, so far and he was raised the old fashioned way and knows how to survive in the bush if it comes to that/strange times we are in for sure
i am blessed to live in the woods, land is free and clear
if you own a home in Arkansas, you can get a homestead property tax credit of up to $375 annually
and my place in the middle of the boonies is not a high tax area plus being over 65 my taxes are fixed

so all in all with all the animals to live with and other preps i have made i do count my blessings
food shortages are a concern as supply chains are messed with but so far am able to get what they need/will cross that bridge when it happens

find joy in my days and live in gratitude...at 73 i have learned to take things in stride
these times are essential and i hope humanity wakes up to resolving conflicts by killing each other is going to be their downfall, killing the animals, killing the earth

the US military industrial complex is the greatest polluter on the planet, then add on all the corps...not using gas stoves which they are trying to outlaw here or driving cars which could be rectified if they would not suppress innovations that could run cars on water even, elec cars are just a sham...and the batteries for them not only dangerous and prone to spontaneous igniting but the rape of the earth for lithium and where do the ppl think the elec comes from to charge the cars anyway?
even if gas for fuel the cars could get much better mileage but oil companies did not want that

my little rant...i do hope you are doing well leo and in a place you can weather things out including floods and fires and anything else that is coming down the pike

with affection, rose

damn spoke too soon, it's acting up again, i'll send files in pm...fooey

sent files to pm this is the newest error message

i did not send prior dmps...i have so many/if you need more let me know

ty
rose

Please send all of them. Just one may not show the real cause.

sent

i'm trying to rar these since i can't use opus but give me a few to figure out how to do it/i can see it in dumps but can't get it to go to rar

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\dopus.20230208.130935.dmp.lnk C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\dopus.20230208.133837.dmp.lnk C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\dopus.20230208.134137.dmp.lnk C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\dopus.20230208.134237.dmp.lnk

i think they are in the rar i just sent/please let me know if not

Many thanks!

We're making a code-change to guard against the apparent cause of the crashes, but it's also quite strange as it looks like a situation that should not be possible, unless something quite strange is going on with the Windows configuration.

If you have a moment, could you open RegEdit.exe and take a screenshot of the values under here:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International

Mine looks like this:

The only way I can think of for the crash to happen is if the sShortDate value there is empty or missing entirely. (We don't read the value directly, but we ask Windows for the date format, and it ultimately comes from there.)

Double-click sShortDate (towards the bottom of the list on the right) and set its value to MMM/dd/yyyy. That should stop the crashes you're getting in Opus.

so far so good, putting opus thru multiple tasks...any idea how this happened? this is fresh install from sept and no issues till ie started not rendering web pages/few odd things happened at that time
this is the same os i've been running for gosh, forever, over 7 years at least, same disk
modified by my IT friend and most my apps are portables and being a creature of habit i don't do many changes there

i'll keep putting opus thru the paces and let you know
it's great to have opus working/can't use explorer at all bleh
Q Dir is a nice second

much appreciation as always
rose

even the correct icons came back/before when i got it to work briefly it was smiley faces

so good to have opus back...ty rose

1 Like

works like a charm...no issues

as usual you are so impressive

ty

1 Like