Error with viewing Word docx files with QuickView 2020

I’ve just recently installed QV 2020 and am no longer able to view Word docx files in Directory Opus (see screenshot)

Worked fine in QV+ 2017

Do you see the same problem viewing the same document in File Explorer?

File explorer works ok

Is Explorer using the same viewer?

Back in Opus, do things look right if you resize the window?

Which version of Opus are you using?

Don't use File Explorer so I don't know how it links to a viewer for a Word .docx file.
Resizing viewer window doesn't have any effect.
Using Opus Version 12.20 x64

Could you post a screenshot of what things look like in Explorer for the same file?

I took "File explorer works ok" to mean the viewer was working OK in Explorer. If you aren't sure how to use the same viewer in Explorer, here's how:

2020-04-05 01-36-08 Clipboard Image

You can use that to turn on a similar preview pane in Explorer, and then select the same file. Please post a screenshot of the result.

Here you go - works ok

That is a screenshot of the QuickViewPlus application, not File Explorer or its preview pane.

Please open File Explorer and turn on the preview pane (as above) and see if the file displays OK in it.

Sorry - I selected the wrong screenshot last time. The only abnormal behavior is confined to DOPUS.

Thanks much for your help

That doesn't look like the same viewer is being used in File Explorer and Opus. The one in Opus has a toolbar at the top of it.

Could you post a screenshot of the list you see if you go (in Opus) to Settings > Preferences > Viewer > Plugins, select the ActiveX + Preview + Office + Web plugin and click Configure?

Maybe there is a second viewer in there which Explorer is using instead of the non-working one.

Here you are !

Try adding the .doc and .docx extensions to the Microsoft Word viewer, two lines above. That's probably what Explorer is also using (and there's no real reason to use QVP for those if Word itself is installed).

Worked like a charm - thank you so much - please may you and yours stay healthy and safe

1 Like