Error

Hello, After Todays Last 5 Patch updates on Windows 8.1, DOpus comes up with Randomly error after i click somewhere but not every time the same point as i say random, any help what that can be ? :

Thanks

What type of thing are you clicking when it happens?

sry :slight_smile: when i click folders on the Lister left thats happen random its not always the same folder just random...and also on the right folders shortcuts on toolbar ( htdocs, Temp ).

Scenario:
i am on the right files pane then i go on Lister left to select a folder...and then happens sometimes no always

and Extra a Gif for my Friend Leo :slight_smile:

Pls Save the gif and playit on a player becuase here its only a preview you dont see the full gif animation here or use IE 11

Those crashes are probably caused by a shell extension. These guides should help you determine which one is causing the problem:

[ul]
[li]Crash, exit or high CPU usage when viewing certain directories
[/li][li]Crash, exit or high CPU usage when right-clicking certain files
[/li][/ul]

thanks Leo

after Investigation i have found the Problem and it is the last version of Notepad++

Notepad++ v6.7.9 new features and bug-fix:

1. Upgrade Scintilla to v3.56.
  2. Add Language and EOL conversion context menu on status bar.
  3. Enhance sort lines feature: Add lexicographic and numeric (integer and real) sorting with ascending and descending order.
  4. Add new feature which launches a new instance with administrator privilege to save the protected file.
  5. Fix the context menu not working problem after doing find in files action.
  6. Improve copy (to clipboard) in found results panel.
  7. Improve find in files modal dialog.

I have test it on another Computer that i have with a old Notepad++ clicking around no problems after install the new Notepad++ start s on DOpus the Crashes and i can beat that's the :

1. Fix the context menu not working problem after doing find in files action.

Because the Crash on DOpus starts after i started the Notepad++ without starting the Notepad++ no problems

Notepad++ had a crash in its context menu a little while ago as well, but it was fixed very quickly in subsequent updates.

It may be worth you sending a report to the Notepad++ team to make sure they are aware of the problem, and so they can request any extra information from your system if they need it.

Or even Directory Opus :smiley: