Escaping Full Screen

Hi Folks,

New user here,and so far I quite like most of what I've seen,though I'm still very obviously at the bottom of the learning curve.

However,I can't seem to find any way whatsoever of escaping back to my original view once I select a file for full screen viewing from image view,(and very little mention,if any,in online or offline documentation)other than ctrl-alt-del & close Dopus down completely,whereas most other apps on this pc revert once Escape and/or F11 or F12 is clicked.

So far,I've only tried with pdf files,and do realise they have a whole range of quirkiness all of their own.

Also,once I've had to do this,and then restart Dopus,it seems to open at almost any random folder/file in the tree,(which also opens as 3/4 inch wide for some bizarre reason)including ones I haven't had open for months in explorer...I've only had Dopus installed for 24 hours,incidentally,so it's still early days.

Alt-F4 will close the full-screen viewer window.

For images you can also press Enter or click the middle mouse button to toggle full-screen mode, or left-click at the very top or bottom of the screen to show the menu or toolbar which both allow you to do the same. You can't do that when viewing PDF files, though.

Big thanks Nudel,you're a star.

I'm off to have another play with Dopus now,and will also d/l your tutorial etc. whilst I'm at it,though I've always been lazy,and command line stuff has never interested me in the slightest,I'll try to raise some enthusiasm & crawl slowly up the learning curve :blush:

At least you know you'll never bump into me in Miirc or whatever it's called !!!

Escape also closes the viewer window (either in full-screen or normal mode).

Well,it looks like it's time for Dopus & myself to part company,as I've spent the last 2 or 3 hours trying in vain to make it show my music(mp3) files in named albums,despite them all being correctly tagged,and more importantly,keeping it that way,as windows explorer does,rather than listing 6x track 1,6 x track 2 etc. from the top downwards.

I can change the view for each folder as I view the contents,by clicking on album title,but next time they're opened it's back to the same old way,despite trying every combination of editing appearance & settings,saving settings for both custom or all folders etc.,it just doesn't remember the settings next time they're opened.

I'm sure there must be a way of forcing the thing to save settings,but it's obviously beaten me,and the last thing I want to spend most of my time on is configuring what is still basically a file viewer,which I believe should just be an unobtrusive,basic tool for any os.

Having said that,it's been a bit of fun,albeit a tad frustrating,on an otherwise quiet weekend,so it wasn't a complete waste of time for me,& I wish you well.

I think you need to read this:

[Folder Formats: Quick Guide)

In particular you probably just need to turn off content type detection.

[quote="nudel"]I think you need to read this:

[Folder Formats: Quick Guide)

In particular you probably just need to turn off content type detection.[/quote]

Indeed I do Nudel,so have saved & printed off every page of tutorials I can find.

You were of course also bang on the money with the last line,which seems to have cured my 'sorting' problem now,as long as I remember to right-click on the green bar & select a view for each different type of content shown.

I'm now using Dopus to sort out my music & digital camera collections,and so far it's been great at doing both,though I've reverted back to windows explorer as default file manager,which suits me much better at the moment,as of course I don't usually need all the bells & whistles that Dopus provides,merely to move or delete a file or two,though I suspect I'll eventually use it for just about everything.

Big thanks for everyones patience & invaluable help,I'm going to hopefully learn one thing at a time now.....thoroughly,before I come whingeing on here :wink: