EverythingFolderSize (Use Everything to calculate folder sizes)

One refresh or folder change is needed after enabling the column because at this point the update event that gets the data from Everything already ran.

Aha... I see that going up a level and back to the original folder after adding an EFS column does the trick. Is there any other way of triggering a "refresh"?

Yes, Go REFRESH (usually on F5).

Sometimes the most glaringly obvious solutions are the hardest to see...... :blush:

1 Like

Is there a way to combine the EFS column with the Size (Auto) column (file size part)? I know that we can trigger the column size of the Size (Auto) column, but the speed of the EFS column is really helpful. This would save space in the Lister. Also, combining the graphical relative size column would be cool.

Alternatively, listing files sizes as part EFS column might also achieve the same thing. I am unsure if this is possible or viable. The inlayed graphical representation of relative size seems make a single column "pop".

Meaning you want the column to also display the size for files?

Replace the OnColumn function in ColumnEverythingFolderSize.js with this:

function OnColumn(scriptColData) {
    var item = scriptColData.item;
    if (item.is_dir) {
        if (item.path.drive == 0) return;
        var dirVar = 'EFS"' + item + '"';
        if (!DOpus.vars.Exists(dirVar)) return;
        scriptColData.value = DOpus.vars.Get(dirVar);
    } else {
        scriptColData.value = item.size;
    }
}

I think this is controlled by Preferences / Folders / Folder Display / Show relative graphs behind size columns and only applies to built-in size columns. Would definitely be nice to have that feature available for custom columns as well, I agree.

1 Like

@lxp Thanks Alexander, this worked like a charm. Thank you very much!

Hello, Alexander. When i sort lister by EverythingFolderSize-column, click on a folder and go back to parent, sometimes my focus goes mad and runs away to the end of lister. not on any folder!!!
turning off reset focus in setting doesn't help. any ideas to fix?

EFS trouble

Sorry, the script doesn't work for me. The column stays empty after F5. Maybe the problem lies here:

Quote: "pick the right var exeES = ... line in the script" *

I have no such line in either of both scripts. Es.exe is present in the Everything 1.5 folder, alpha_instance is set ok, indexing folders is also set in Everything, so what else could be the reason?

** If i try to use the forum software's quote function for those few words above, it extends the quote to lxp's whole posting. Is that intended?

Try.

Enter the path in the script.

1 Like

Still no success. :thinking:

And here.

Yes, i had checked that, of course, but the ini looks different here. That shouldn't make a big difference, though.

already set. Problems with some folders! Not all

Run this command via cmd, and then the file D:\test.txt should be generated.
"C:\Program Files\Everything 1.5a\es.exe" -size -no-header -parent "D:\" /ad -export-csv D:\test.txt

download the LAST version of es.exe, that was my trouble when i got zeros.
!!! as Leo says: Everything.exe and es.exe are not the same

I briefly see some window popping up, but no CSV is created. I happen to have some drive D:.

Deleted, finally found it!

Edit: the latest es.exe did the trick, got it working now! Thanks, lxp, and thanks guys!

And yes, it is considerably quicker now, if not so say almost instantaneous. :+1: :beers:

By the way, is there maybe a way to include an auto-refresh in your code?

Well, if I were the focus on a system with that color concept, I'd go mad as well. I, too, would run away, probably even further, and on all folders :wink:

Seriously, can't recognize the problem, but wouldn't be surprised if dark mode carries somehow part of the responsibility.

If you tell me how I can reproduce these effects on my system I'll dig into it.