Exit but still running?

By the end of the day, at closing Windows, I fully Exit Opus.

1. go to a specific folder
  2. click on the 'Refresh' button in the toolbar
    Go REFRESH=all
    Go REBUILDTREE=both
  3. File > Exit

wait for a few seconds, then I click on "Safely Remove Hardware" button in the taskbar so as to remove USB drives. Often this goes well, sometimes not: "This device is currently in use. Close any programs ... blah blah".
Knowing that it is Opus I re-launch Opus and do the above steps again, usually no luck.

Running ProcessExplorer > Find Handle or DLL... > enter the drive letter and I can see Opus.exe only.

Somewhat later I can (finally) 'Remove' the drive.

I just wonder, how come sometimes it seems Opus is not entirely exiting but is rather keeping some external drive 'busy'?

Thanks!

Thanks.

Is dopus.exe still in the task list after using File > Exit Directory Opus? It shouldn't be.

If you exit Opus and the drive is still locked then something else must have been locking it at the time.

Restarting Opus before working out what had the drive locked will only complicate things further.

Nothing else is locking that drive. All applications are closed (Exit) and the last thing I do before shutting down is to remove the drives.
Usually I make screenshots of such situations, but this time I can't provide any.

AFAIK Task Manager > Tab: Details showed a dopus.exe entry (not in tab: Processes though). When killing the .exe I could close / remove the drive.

Frankly, over time I got used to this (no offence meant!) so I know what can be causing this.
BTW Winword.exe also has this habit, once launched and exited, the .exe can also be found under 'Details' and may also be the cause of not being able to remove the USB drive. Once the process is killed, removal goes fine.
All that said, it is still a puzzle why this is though.

If dopus.exe is still in the Details list more than a few seconds after using File > Exit Directory Opus (not just File > Close Lister, or closing the window, which won't usually exit the program), something may be preventing it from exiting. That in turn might be related to what's locking the drive.

If that's happening, next time you see it, please make some process snapshots and send them to us. We can use those to see what it's waiting on, and if it's something in Opus itself or something in another component.

Sorry for the delay. Will do that. That's to say: I hope I will remember to do that: it doesn't happen often.

Oh, BTW, yes, I always exit Opus with File > Exit and click on [Exit] at "Do you really want to exit Directory Opus?"