Explorer Replacement - how to toggle

After searching Help and FAQ I must have missed how to toggle the Windows Explorer replacement feature on and off. I would really appreciate some direction here. i have also carefully reviewed all the preferences but must have missed it.

TY
Charlie

It's configured under Preferences - Launching Opus - Explorer Replacement.

BTW, if you know the name of something but can't find it in Preferences, type part of the name into the Filter at the bottom of the Preferences window and Opus will highlight the matching Preferences pages/settings.

Using Windows 7 build 7100. I must be blind I don't see that choice -anywhere- in Preferences. Have also uninstalled and reinstalled the latest Dopus. During reinstall I watched carefully and I was not prompted to grant Explorer replacement to Dopus..Hmmm....

I have seen on the Resource centre to disable this feature on Win 7 and so i am trying to do so.

The feature is hidden in Windows 7 because it doesn't work.

Thank you.....

Ok, so DOpus has a process running in the background... is there a way to add a macro key functionality that could be inserted into that which would make the replace explorer change from anywhere or any program you are in? I know I could probably run a macro application in the background and have it do it in the background for me, but that would be one more application to have running...

Is that even possible? I can't remember if you have to close DOpus after you make that change or not... can't check right now, because I did the latest version update and have a "version mismatch" now opening Dopus until I can find the time to reboot.

I mean, if I ended up trying to open control panel and it didn't open for me, I would realize I was an idiot, and then could just hit "ctrl-o" and open it again... it would work that time because the replace feature would be disabled... just wondering...

See the FAQ: How to manually remove Explorer Replacement settings.

Forcing it on on Windows 7 is definitely not recommended, though. You should wait for the feature to be re-worked to support the new OS instead.

I don't want to replace it, I just want to be able to quickly toggle the setting via a hotkey without having to write a macro. The setting is a registry setting correct? If so, why can't it just be a hotkey tied to a regedit file?

If anyone has the reg change it makes, that would same me some time putting that together... I will look in other posts for it too...

I'm not sure what you're asking for. What info do you need that isn't in the FAQ I linked? That explains the registry settings.