Exporting just favorites

Sorry if this is a dumb one, how do you export just your favorites? If you export just favorites, can you import just the favorites later on without messing any other setting up?

Well, I don't use Favorites myself but I didn't find any Import/Export functionality specifically for them in the internal commands.

So, unless I'm just missing something that is there... I wiped my Dopus registry key, re-imported my last known 'good' settings DPS file, added a Favorite in Prefs, and then exported the resulting settings to a new DPS file. I unzipped both the DPS exports and diffed them and all I found of consquence was in the Prefs.dpf file contained in the new DPS export:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\Favourites] "00"="D:\\my\\my projects|My Projects" @="00"

This is the same as you'd get if you exported the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\Favourites registry key, but I also noticed the .smartfav file in C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\SmartFav folder got updated... so I'm not sure if you can use just one or the other or if you would need both, or possibly even somethign additional that I may have missed. Either way, it's not somethign you can apparently do with an Opus command, but if these are the only things that get modified ten it shouldn't be too difficult to automate something specifically for this purpose.

Any comments from someone else? Did I miss something obvious?

The SmartFav thing is just for Smart Favourites, rather than explicitly added ones.

I know faves and smart faves are different, but not really being a user of either features I just thought I'd mention that the smartfav file did indeed get updated after creating a favorite on my system.

I saved that Favorites registry key to a file, reverted back to my old DPS settings, enabled Favorites in the folder tree, verified there were no Favorites displayed, merged the saved out reg key, reloaded a new lister and voila, the favorite I had added was there and worked properly.

I'm sure Greg and Jon wouldn't advocate messing with their reg keys though. But maybe they can say if this one specific little key is isloated enough to play with like this. Either way, sounds like a small enough thing to be able to be added from a Feature Request eh?