Extra Google Drive folder stuck in root directory

Hi!

I've suddenly started having an issue where an extra Google Drive link appears in my left sidebar under my PC's root directory, like so:

I can't get rid of the second one, and clicking on it does nothing. I tried a reboot. It's worth noting that I did recently change the drive letter on the HDD that has my GDrive folder on it, but the Quick Access link at the top points to the correct folder with no action needed from me.

Is it also there in File Explorer?

1 Like

Ah, didn't think to check that. It's similarly stuck and unremovable there as well. I guess it's not something to troubleshoot here, then!

There will probably be an entry for it in the registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace (or the same key under HKEY_CURRENT_USER). From searching it seems like the CLSID may be {3935ea0f-5756-4db1-8078-d2baf2f7b7b2}.

1 Like

All that's there.

Those are all on my PC, which doesn't have GoogleDrive, so you can rule them out.

There might be a similar key under the same path in HKEY_CURRENT_USER, which Google might've added it to instead of the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE area. (It doesn't exist under HKCU by default, but can be created there by some things, from what I've read.)

1 Like

There's just one there called {74915552-670a-414d-b50f-bd4f19c51bb7}. Should I knock it out?

It's worth a try. Just rename it as a test, so that way you can rename it back if it ends up being unrelated.

You can also search the registry for other keys/values with the same name to find out which component it relates to.

1 Like

This did it! Thanks a lot! Appreciate the patience even though it isn't a Dopus-related issue!

1 Like