Extraneous results when searching

If I put in the search field *.wbk, in order to find and then delete all of my Word backup documents, they show along with several hundred other files.
How to show ONLY those files that have an extension wbk?

Also, is there a way for Opus to save search arguments from one session to the next, say 20 of them?

(Sorry if you saw my previous answer, I realised we were probably talking about something else and have re-written it.)

Assuming we're talking about the Search field at the top-right of the default toolbars, and not the Tools -> Find Panel:

Do you get the same results if you type the same thing into Windows Explorer?

The Search field at the top-right just passes the query to Windows Search, which does the rest. By default, Windows Search will look at file contents as well as file names, at least in directories that are indexed for searching. That may explain why you're seeing matches that you don't expect.

Using Tools -> Find Panel may be easier.

first time I used *.wbk only those fields appeared.
the second time, I got what is in the enclosed screenshot.
Why all the extraneous entries.

Also, note the 5th entry from the top has an exclamation point in the Word icon. What is the significance?

I am referring to the search box in the upper right.

Enter filename:*.wbk to only search by filename, otherwise it will search the contents of the file as well as the name.

It means the Word document has a Macro in it. Hence the .docm extension. I'm guessing the ! in the icon means caution.

the filename works. thank you
what about: "Also, is there a way for Opus to save search arguments from one session to the next, say 20 of them?"

Yes, see gpsoft.com.au/help/opus10/de ... ueries.htm.

I did as suggested and I am looking at "choose the New Stored Query command."
There is no such entry when i right click on the root directory.
please advise.

I want to be able to save search arguments for files for searches that I repeatedly do.
is there a way for Opus to save search arguments from one session to the next, say 20 of them?"
In a prior query, it was suggested that I see: gpsoft.com.au/help/opus10/de ... ueries.htm for how to do this.

However, the instructions on that link included ""choose the New Stored Query command."
There is no such entry when i right click on the root directory. I am using Opus 10 Pro.
please advise.

What are you clicking on?

I am clicking on the suggested link of instructions. The instructions say to right click on the directory and choose the New Stored Query command. I do not see that entry when I follow the instructions.
So, again, how may I store search arguments?
Please advise.

"You can create a stored query from the File Collections root folder - right-click on the folder itself...

...or from within the folder right-click on the file display background, and choose the New Stored Query command."

ok, I see this part, but how do I get my query, which is filetype: *.wbk, to execute off the C:\ drive?

I created the search as above. I bring up the above screen and click "add folder to search" and nothing happens.
please advise.

Double-click it.

I double clicked the add folder to search and selected "Documents"
then, above the add folder to search is says: "lib://documents"
I then clicked OK, but nothing happened.
please advise.

Did you enter the search arguments as well?

What are you expecting to happen when you click OK? All clicking OK does is save the change and close the Properties window. You have to then open the saved query to run the query and see the results.

the saved query is c:\filetype: *.wbk
the purpose is to list all of my Word backup files so I may delete them
how do I "open the saved query to run the query and see the results"?

When you created the query it would have appeared in the Folder Tree underneath the File Collections item that you right-clicked on in order to create the query.
To view the results of the query, click it.