Favorites questions

1. If I select Favorites > Add To Favorites and create a new Branch, it works allright (shows up on the Favorites drop down list). If I however select Favorites > Edit Favorites and add a new Branch there, it doesn't show up on the list. Is this a bug or some problem with my system?

2. Is there a way to clear/reset the Smart Favorites list? If not, could it be implemented?

Thanks!
Rich

1. Favorites branches will only appear in the menu if they have something in them. If you create an empty one then it won't appear (which makes sense as it'd just be an empty menu when there's nothing below it to actually select).

2. See screenshot:

1. OK, so if you create a Branch under Preferences, you have to drag one of the existing favorite folders into it to make it visible.

2. Ah, okay :unamused: I was looking for a button or a menu item, guess that's why I overlooked it. D..... brain filters... :laughing:

Thanks!
Rich

Or add a new favorite to it.

Why would you want an empty branch to show except when choosing where to add/move a favorite (where it does show)? :slight_smile:

Or add a new favorite to it.[/quote]

Oh yes, the Add button, I see...

I think it depends on how you choose to organize your stuff. You could build a structure of branches first, and then add content to them later, for example. I do that sometimes myself in different other programs, and I'm used to folders being visible there whether they're empty or not.

Rich

Is editing your posts turned off completely in this forum?

Yes. There is an FAQ on this.

Regards, AB

OK, thought it might only be temporary, for new users.

Thanks!
Rich