FAYT Filter Mode : add other optional key SUPR to delete selected item

I use a lot the Find-as-you-type Filter Mode to quickly localize and interact with my files and folder.
It is very fast with the direction keys and 'Enter' key option activated.

in Preferences / FAYT and Filter Bar Options, there is already this specific option 'allow return key to open selected item' for Find-as-you-type Filter Mode.

I'm also often in situation where i type some letter to filter and i see in my filtered lister some files that i want to kick out. And as the focus is still in the filter input, the SUPR key is active only in the filter input and will occur only for the filter itself, not in the lister input (so i need to click inside the lister so that i can use SUPR key to delete my file (which is not very efficient)

I also observe that I never use SUPR key in the filter input itself because if i want to delete a part of the filter, most of the time it is from the end of filter and DEL key (backspace) is enough for this need.

So maybe that could be an option to add for FAYT mode :
'allow SUPR key to delete selected item' (or whatever operations are affected to this key)

Today i trick the thing by adding a 'delete' operation to my F1 key which is possible to use on selected file if filter fayt mode is still on focus.

Cheers,
Antoine

Just push Esc to return keyboard focus to the file display. No need to grab the mouse.

i've redefined 'ESC' behavior for many reason and it is not working as fayt original behavior
(my ESC always clear all filters and unselect all, so i'm loosing selection from filter - and i prefer this behavior :slight_smile: )

for me fayt mode is really not the same as filter mode, it is a way to make more clear and more fast what i see and select in the lister and i love it like that.

i really believe the fayt mode could be improved just by make it possible to change the behavior of the input so that we can chose what key is applied to the lister, and what key is applied to the input itself
(but i imagine it's not easy as the input would rely on windows behavior)