Feature Request: Add Modern ScriptType's language

Would it be possible to add support for more languages when creating scripts. For example when renaming files. You can select VBScript and JScript.

How about adding powershell or Javascript

with javascript you would probably be using nodejs (so maybe you don't want to do that)

Csharp would be amazing as well using CSScript

If they offer at least half-decent ActiveScripting support, they may work out of the box.

JScript is JavaScript already, albeit an older version compared to what's available in web browsers today.

PowerShell doesn't have an ActiveScripting version AFAIK, and seems more suited to running things from outside of them rather than as a scripting language that runs inside of things.

i guess i'm really asking for a scripting language that seems modern. I know alot of modern languages but VBscript I haven't written since old school asp pages

If Jscript was more like ECMAScript 2018 i'd be in heaven

hell i'd settle for python too

1 Like

JScript is already a lot like ECMAScript.

Opus scripts don't tend to be that complicated so the newer JavaScript features not being there shouldn't usually matter, unless you're doing something out of the ordinary.

(Please also link your forum account.)

Well if one is used to use last ECMAScript feature, it may be very frustrating to use JScript and wonder why such method doesn’t work with it. Plus the problem comes when you search for documentation. If you’re accustomed to search in MDN it may lead to confusion why it won’t work in DOpus.

As far as I know, we can not use nodeJS and MS doesn’t plan to add new bells and whistles to WSH language support about JavaScript. We stuck with ES3 unless one prefers Perl or Python.