Feature request - extending preview items

Opus has already some nice preview possibilities like pictures and text files. I´d like to see these previews extended like previewing Fonts, (showing all letters included in a font) , 3D files (all common formats like 3ds, lwo, c4d etc), more graphic formats like .CDR .EPS etc.

best regards
Lothar

You can preview fonts by switching to thumbnails mode, although you don't see all the letters and it doesn't work in the viewer pane (you can still double-click font files to view them with the Windows font viewer, which will show all the letters).

If there are ActiveX viewers that allow IE to view any of the graphics formats you mention, they may work with Opus via the ActiveX plugin (you'll have to add their extensions to its list via Preferences, Plugins, Configure). Otherwise it's up to someone to write a plugin...

Would be nice enough - however sorry to say, I´m not a crack in System matters. I´m using windows XP. I can have severaly views from Fonts folder - however thumbnails is greyed out within opus and not accessable. A doubleclick won´t bring up a preview of all letters, but a single line saying " Schriftart", at least written with the current font ....
Sure that´s a misconfiguration, but where. Just started to read my german manual of Opus which I got with my permanent license yesterday.

I think you now see my request from a different view :wink:

best regards
Lothar

Sounds like Explorer is providing the view of the fonts folder. Not sure why it doesn't happen for me (I'm sure it did at one point?!) but you should be able to stop it by going to Preferences, Folders, Virtual Folders and adding C:\Windows\Fonts (or whatever) to the list. That should make Opus provide the file list, rather than Explorer, and then you'll be able to use thumbnails mode.

Well, probably. :slight_smile: I may be overlooking something.

The fonts folder was included already, and no matter which option I choose, keep it virtuell, treat all virtuell as real or only listed ones as real (sorry if it doesn´t match, I´translating from the german menu entries) - it still remains the same....
best regards
Lothar

Not sure what to suggest. I'm sure we're both overlooking something, since it works here, but I don't know what. :frowning:

Related question: If you select a font and turn on the viewer pane, do you see a hex view of the font file? (That's what I see.) If that works I should be able to throw together a simple viewer plugin for viewing fonts in the preview window. I'd find that useful myself sometimes and it shouldn't be more than a few hours of work from start to finish.

and just for confirmation - you sound right, if I set the path to fonts folder within IE, I get the very same view options I get from Opus....
However as I mentioned before, I can´t switch it by the virtual folder settings within opus.

best regards
Lothar

[quote]
nudel wrote:
Related question: If you select a font and turn on the viewer pane, do you see a hex view of the font file? (That's what I see.) If that works I should be able to throw together a simple viewer plugin for viewing fonts in the preview window. I'd find that useful myself sometimes and it shouldn't be more than a few hours of work from start to finish.[/quote]

bet if I would see it, I would have the preview like you have :smiley:. Nope - the preview window ist just blank, regardless if I choose a .ttf or .fon one.

uuuups - I just switched to a different folder to check if hex display is working anyhow. It is - and comeing back to fonts I get the hex output AND the preview mode. Only doubleclick is still producing the singele line instead of full character view ...

Think your hint with virtual folder to be treated as real was the correct one, however fonts folder had to be refreshed manually .... :astonished: So if you like to make a plugin that shows all charactes of a font within preview or output window, it´s really welcome.

best regards
Lothar