Feature Request: Right-click on folder to add new folder

When in Explorer mode, when I went to the left folder tree and right-clicked on a folder to add a new folder, I was rather surprised to find that option was missing. I don't think I should have to break my train of thought and move my cursor up to the menu to add a new folder. I love object oriented desgn.

You can go into customize mode -> context menues -> lister context, & add the command createfolder. But it´s also not much sweat to hit the F7 button,
which will exactly do that.

Sorry. I´ve overlooked you want that in the tree, which i don´t know if it is possible. Nevertheless, why don´t you use the F7 key?

Both of you mentioned pressing the F7 key to add a folder. Nothing happens when I press the F7 key.

I'm a firm believer in object oriented design. Basically put, when I right click on a folder, I expect to see every possible action\behavior that can be performed with a folder. And one of the most fundamental behaviors is the adding of a new folder. I will firmly stick to my OO idea.

"Both of you?" There's only one of him. :slight_smile:

If you want a New Folder option when you right-click folders:

[ul][li]Open Settings -> File Types.[/li]
[li]Double-click All Folders near the top of the list.[/li]
[li]Select the Context Menu tab and click New...[/li]
[li]Make the action's name New Folder (or whatever you want), change the Type to Run an Opus function (not supported in Explorer)[/li]
[li]Click the Commands drop-down and select the CreateFolder command (or simply type CreateFolder into the big box).[/li]
[li]Click OK three times.[/li][/ul]

Oops Leo! You're right! There is only one of you! OK, let me try right now what you mentioned.

Wow!!!!!!! Awesome!!!!!!!!!!! :smiley:

I never even looked at the File Types options! There is a lot of power there!

Thanks Leo, you are the man!!!!!!!!!!!