Feature request: timeout for "Alt"-highlighting

When using primarily the keyboard, it happens very often, that the Alt key is hit accidently, for example after task changes. This will highlight the quick menu navigation:

It would be nice to have it automatically timing out after, let´s say, ten seconds. Otherwise the lister will remain in that state with the common functions not available, until "Esc" is hit or another "Alt" key. :confused:

Has nobody an idea? When mainly using the keyboard, this happens all the time. Is it principally difficult to include such a timeout? Or is it maybe possible to change the trigger key from Alt to, let´s say Win-Alt, so it won´t happen so easily?

When & whether the underscores are shown is usually handled by Windows itself so overriding the default behaviour could lead to problems.

Don't the underscores hide themselves anyway as soon as you do anything else (e.g. push Alt again)?

Yes, of course, but this slows down the workflow. Sometimes i try some navigation by pushing hottkeys or arrows & find that i first have to push Alt-key. If it would timeout automatically after a while, this would be surely a big improvement for keyboard users.

[quote="abr"]
Yes, of course, but this slows down the workflow. Sometimes i try some navigation by pushing hottkeys or arrows & find that i first have to push Alt-key. If it would timeout automatically after a while, this would be surely a big improvement for keyboard users.[/quote]
Full ack!