File Explorer launches homegroup files, DOpus doesn't

Hi

I have some files shared via home group on another local computer.

When I navigate to those files using DOpus (either through Homegroup, or directly by using the network path to the file, then i can see the file, and see its properties, but i cannot launch the file - i get a network error dialog Windows cannot access \...... and the Error code: 0x80070035 The Network path wasn't found. By the way, i can copy the file to a local directory within DOpus and then open it, but cannot copy directly to the desktop (ie outside of DOPus)

This does indeed sound like a network problem - HOWEVER, in file explorer when i navigate via home group to the file where the path in the file explorer says Homegroup>name>etc etc, then i am then able to open it remotely.

Has anyone got any idea what's going on and why i can open in one, but not the other?

Thanks!
SJP

Is the error coming from Opus, or from the program you are running via Opus?

What's the full, exact error message? If possible, please post a screenshot as seeing the style of error dialog will probably also tell us whether it's coming from Opus or something else.

A Google search on "0x80070035 homegroup" also brings up lots of threads with some possible solutions, in case you haven't checked those already.

What method are you using to "copy directly to the desktop"? Does the same method work in Opus for copying files to the desktop from locations that aren't part of the Homegroup?

Hi
Thanks for the response. To answer your questions:

• the error is from Windows, but happens in DOpus not in a regular file explorer for files under homegroup.

• can't figure out how to past the image but it is, in its entirity:
    Windows cannot access
    Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a problem with your network. To try and identigy and resolve network problems, click Diagnose. The details provides:
    Error code: 0x80070035
    The network path was not found.

Remember - this happens inside of DOpus, but not a regular file explorer. In both, I can see the files fine. Its any kind of file i cannot open, even though i can see it , and see its properties.

• to copy, i am literally just dragging the file. If i drag it to the a local folder (inside of Dopus), it copies fine but if i try to drag outside of the Dopus window to the desktop, it doesn't cope or give an error or anything)

I suspect there is some problem somewhere with the network set up (which has just started happening by the way) but it seems also there is a difference between file explorer and Dopus in how it tries to resolve the path to the files for opening, or the credentials it uses to try and open it, or something! Under homegroup in the file explorer - it opens fine, DOpus it doesn't. It is weird.

And yes, i have googled - as you say lots of possible solutions etc., none of which seem to apply to me, seems like a very generic error tbh. Like i say, i think this is a windows problems BUT at the same time, i think it does expose a difference in protocol/behaviour etc between file explorer and DOpus when dealing with homegroup files (ie. files you have navigated to via the homegroup)

Hello

Well some other errors when trying to access network resources led me to some more google results - bascially in the end i had to uninstall the client for microsoft network protocol on all my machines and then reinstall them! I can only think that this is an artefact of updating from windows 8 to windows 8.1.

So everything is well. I still think there is some subtle difference between accessing files via homegroup and network which isn't quite reflected in DOpus (which presumably just resolves the files to some network path), but anyway, i won't be able to reproduce that now!

Thanks