File List issues when using Thumbnails

When browsing a folder with a larger number of jpgs, say more than 1,000, I keep running into two issues.

1. If I've hit Return to view an image, and hit delete while in the viewer to delete more than a few images in a row, there is often a delay of 3 to 10 seconds before the next image is displayed. Typically I can delete three or four images without the delay, but more than that and I have to wait.

2. In the same scenario, if I hit Escape to return to the file list from the viewer, often no file is selected. I would expect returning from the viewer the same file as I started with would be selected, or if that was deleted by the viewer, the next file in the list would be selected. Instead, no file is usually selected. I need to press a couple navigation keys to get the next file selected. For example, pressing Left then Right usually works, however sometimes the file list seems confused and is several rows of thumbnails off.

Any suggestions appreciated. This will help me dump ACDsee which has it's own issues...

1. Are you seeing that using the latest version of Opus 12? It sounds like a delay which existed in the public beta versions but was fixed before the initial 12.1 release.

2. Installing this script add-in may get you closer to what you want: Viewer Select - Make file display track standalone viewer.