File Type problem

just installed the new 8.012 version and as the bug was told to be fixed, tried out the colouring of file type groups. Seemed to work fine - at first gance. I even could create a file type group of my own - and custom colours work fine. However - if I add the .mid extension to the predefined "music" group (for me it´s kind of music as well) the .mid files are not showing the colours like e.g .mp3 files do without any problem . Why ?

best regards
Lothar

Try restarting Opus after adding the types to the filetype group. That works for me with Opus 8.0.1.2.

You probably shouldn't have to restart but it looks like you do for now.

of course this was one of my first tests - however didn´t work to restart. But all of a sudden when I gave up with this and tried a different file type group, all of a sudden te .mid were accepted. Rather strange , however it works by now ...

best regards
Lothar

It worked fine for me on the first restart, both adding to a group by using the drop-down from another type and by typing an extension and clicking "add".

My guess is that the need for a restart will be addressed and just wasn't realised, since it was a last-minute fix right before the new version came out. It's better than it was, at least. :slight_smile: