Find based on list?

Is it possible with Opus to perform a find based on a list of words? Thanks

How long a list are we talking?

Searching filenames, or file contents (which file types)?

I’d say about 30 entries long tops. I was interested in filenames, but if contents are possible I would like to know about that as well. Thanks

You can build up advanced Find filters like this.

Wildcards let you specify multiple things to search for on a single line (like the first line), or you can specify one per line (like the second line), or you can use both to make things more manageable (like the three lines overall).

Select "contains" instead of "name" to search file contents instead of filenames.

The filters are saved in XML files so can be edited via a text editor, but for just 30 names, it's probably best to use the UI to avoid accidents. You can prepare the list in a text editor to quickly get it into the needed (x|y|z|...) format and paste that in.

That works extremely well! Thanks

Wow! I have discovered more! I had used the generosity of the member in this post to create a select by filter button. I see now that the filter, created by the good advice in the topic here, gets saved in the filters directory. Now that filter is available to the select by filter button. I will say it again, this program, its community members, and staff do not stop giving. This so nice and useful. I have the question now, how do you delete the filters? Do you have to go to"/dopusdata\Filters" and just delete them manually? Thanks

Preferences / File Operations / Filters lets you manage filters, including deleting them.