"Find Files" is now a panel instead of a window

If I remember correctly, when I tried to do "Tools->Find Files", I used to get a pop-up window. Now, it goes to a split panel in the file browser, taking valuable real estate, and switching the current folder to a search folder, neither of which is desirable. How can I get back the old popup window?

BTW, changing the default behavior of the browser after a patch upgrade is not really something nice to do. DO is a utility tool, not meant to disrupt users' productivity!

Maybe this helps:

FIND IN "C:\" "D:\" "E:\" "F:\" "G:\" QUERY {dlgstring|search}

You can customize the drive letters to fit your own ones.

[quote="afqfr"]If I remember correctly, when I tried to do "Tools->Find Files", I used to get a pop-up window. Now, it goes to a split panel in the file browser, taking valuable real estate, and switching the current folder to a search folder, neither of which is desirable. How can I get back the old popup window?

BTW, changing the default behavior of the browser after a patch upgrade is not really something nice to do. DO is a utility tool, not meant to disrupt users' productivity![/quote]

This is a feature introduced in DOPUS 10 http://www.gpsoft.com.au/help/opus10/index.html#!Documents/New/Searching_and_Filtering1.htm TWO YEARS AGO!!!. What "patch upgrade" do you mean, then?

When there was at least one long and heated discussion that would doubtless come to light given a search hereabouts for the right words.

Try these:

Directory Opus Resource Centre • View topic - Float separate search

Directory Opus Resource Centre • View topic - how to get the old search functionality back