Find Not Working

Recently, I have had a number of problems with the Find dialogue. It is picking up info from different folders and more often than not locks up. I never had this happen until Version 10.

Is there a way to correct this or should I try reinstalling.

I'm using version 10.

Make sure Clear previous results is turned on in the Find panel.

If you aren't already on the latest version, update to that first.

If you're still seeing the problem with the latest version, see if you can narrow it down to when a particular file, or type of file, appears in the Find results. If you can then the troubleshooting steps in the Crash, exit or high CPU when viewing a certain directory guide should help track down what is crashing. (Often a video codec or viewer plugin.) Turning off any columns which may cause Opus to inspect the files for media metadata may also help if the problem is caused by certain files or filetypes.

Clear Previous results is turned on. The Find dialogue has been very buggy since I updated to Version 10. I still use Version 9 on my backup computer and it works. Often times it just locks up. I'll review the troubleshooting steps. I appear to have the most recent version.

Please post a screenshot showing how you have the Find panel configured, and some of the results from other folders that you don't expect to see returned. Seeing that may make it easy to explain where that half of the problem is coming from, at least.

When I have time this weekend. Thanks for the quick reply. Feels like it is not clearing out the previous search folders and is looking in more than the folder I select. That's a guess. I'll probably reinstall and see if it gets clogged up again.

You may just need to reset the list of search folders. There's a button above the list that resets it to just the current folder.

(If it was searching more than one folder then it should say so in the list of folders, though.)

I tried that multiple times. I use the find function frequently; or did until it got buggy. Could be my old computer also. Still love Dopus.