Flat View Folders Only

I am looking for a way to create a button that will give me the following

FlatView, Folders only, that is specifically filtered to folders with a specific name, in this case '02_app'

Is this possible?

If you filter the folders in flat-view, it also filters out anything below non-matching folders, so you would only see 02_app folders if they were below other folders with the same name.

Using the Find tool is probably a better fit, if you just want a list of everything named 02_app below the current folder:

Find NAME="02_app" NOPARTIAL RECURSE IN {sourcepath}

Find doesn't work for me, because I want to copy all the folders witheir their existing folder structure to a new location. When I use find, and try to copy them, it copies them all to the same destination folder. The only way I have found to get the directory structure to copy with the files is from the flat view.

So you want to copy all 02_app folders below one place to another? That can be done using a copy filter, if it's what you want to do. If not, what do you want to do?

Thanks Leo. I want to copy any folders within a root folder that are named '02_apps' to another destination folder keeping all relative folder structure. Instead of copying everything, I need to only copy those specific folders, and because they are nested in many places, its difficult to do.

I am unfamiliar with copy filters. Is there an example of how they work?

Without using a filter, you could use Flat View (Mixed), then sort by name (or use the Select command etc.) to select all the 02_apps folders in the list and copy that way.

Or, using a filter, you could just select the top-level folder and copy from there, with a filter like full-path match *\02_apps\* or similar.

You can turn the copy filter on using the menu attached to the Copy Files button. Filtered operations are explained in more detail here.

If you need more detailed step-by-step help, please link your account.

I linked my account.. Thank you for the help.
the copy filter is new to me, looks very interesting. Let me work with it a bit and I will let you know if I have any questions/issues.
Thanks

1 Like