Flatview: can i auto-select by filetypes? or use filters?

i am working on a 300gb music collection. i have it in flat view, no folders. is there a way to quickly select all the gif, jpg, and bmp files?

alternatively, can i filter out everything but these three? i don't want to set a new folder view, i just need it this one time..

third option seems to be to use find. but that takes more time, assuming the first or second options are possible.

aargh. i just tried to search: type-->jpg, bmp, gif
and dopus completely crashed.

Try the following in the cli:

select regexp=.*.[jpg,bmp,gif]

That isn't a good regexp. It will also select *.jgf *.bif *.mpg and a lot of other extensions. :slight_smile:

Anyway, it's very easy to select multiple file extensions and there are examples of how to to it in the Pattern Matching Syntax chapter/page at the back of the Opus manual, as well as on the third line of the FAQ on adding filter boxes:

[resource.dopus.com/t/legacy-faq-add-and-configure-filter-boxes/1314/1)

While type-->jpg, bmp, gif doesn't mean anything to Opus and will never produce meaningful results, if it causes a crash then that should be fixed. Where do you enter that string to cause the crash? I tried it in both the Find panel and a filter box without seeing a crash here.

Never was very good with regexps...

Shouldn't need regex any way... native Opus pattern matching should work:

select *.(bmp|gif|jpg)

Also, I've bound a hotkey command to <Alt+E> that runs the following command:

Select SIMILAR

Which... if you've [i]already selected[/i] a number of files, running this command will select all the 'other' files displayed with the same extension... which I use all day long and like way better than sorting by type adndrag selecting.

leo... steve... coming clean are we?

:slight_smile:

[quote="steje"]
Select SIMILAR

Which... if you've [i]already selected[/i] a number of files, running this command will select all the 'other' files displayed with the same extension... [/quote]
Every day, the list of DOpus pearls grows longer. Thanks Steje!

Regards, AB