Flotating Toolbar: Dynamic Buttons?

My dynamic buttons won't work in floating toolbars, but they work as expected in windowed toolbars. If I float my Applications toolbar, that contains buttons for apps which only show up when certian file types have been selected, all buttons will be persistently visible, like this button for example:

@hidenosel:type=*.(exr|png|gif|jpg|jpeg|tga|tif|tiff)
@nodeselect
"C:\Program Files\IrfanView\i_view64.exe" {allfilepath}

Maybe I'm missing something?

Floating toolbars are not connected to any file display, so they won't change based on which files are selected in another window.

If I may, I'd like to request having floaters react on items selected in the current source file list, in the active lister (and if there's no lister open or active, treat the toolbar buttons as if nothing is selected).

I think this provides an opportunity to replace or complement Windows taskbar, having a toolbar that could show app icons and custom actions based on file manager selections. Yes, I can do this in a DOpus lister, but 1) the screen real estate is larger and 2) you could benefit from the larger multi-row (floated) toolbars which you don't have in lister windows.