Focus on Drag and Drop from Other Applications

I was wondering if there was a way to give focus to Directory Opus after it accepted a Drag and Drop from an external application. For example, currently, when I drag and drop a file from Windows Explorer (or Chrome or Firefox), focus stays with the source and arrow keys, enter, and F2 still act on the source. I would like to be able to drag and drop images from Chrome and press F2 to rename the file without having to select it.

There was a previous question that provided a way to achieve this when dragging and dropping between Opus File Viewers by modifying the "All files and folders" File Type to include "set dest=toggle" in the Drag-and-drop event. Is there a special file type perhaps dedicated to drops from external sources?

Thanks for the consideration.

I suspect it would need the other program to activate the window, as the other app has focus and Windows won’t allow one app to take focus from another like that unless the app that currently has focus explicitly passes it on.

Thanks for the really quick reply. I don't know if this is of any value, but when you drag and drop from Chrome or Firefox to Windows Explorer, focus shifts to Explorer.

1 Like

Interesting... I had never noticed that before. Maybe it is possible, in that case. I don't know if we'll find time to investigate in more detail in the very near future, but we might look into it when we have time.