Folder color in thumbnail mode

Hi

It would be really great if it was possible to change the colors of the folders. Any way of doing this? I am a bit bored of the yellow colors. Could it be done with just changing the HUE value? Something like this? (Photoshopped) :

You can use labels to change icon and thumbnail colours, although they will tint the whole thumbnail, not just the folder part.

How did you get those enormous thumbnails? And how did you manage to have only one picture in the folder preview as opposed to the default 4-picture grid?

Preferrences -> Miscellaneous -> Advanced -> max_thumbnail_size. I believe default is 256. I have mine set to 512 so all the code listed below is set accordingly. Adjust those numbers for the max_thumbnail_size setting you use.

Create a folder.jpg and place it inside that folder to represent that folders thumbnail.

You can either use this button on a selected image to make the folder.jpg (creates a new image from the selected image as .jpg, resizes it to 512x512 and hides it)

Image CONVERT=jpg HERE AS=folder.jpg HEIGHT=512 WIDTH=512 PRESERVEASPECTRATIO REPLACE=always
SetAttr ATTR=hs FILE=folder.jpg

Or, if you would rather have a randomly picked image, use wowbagger's or tbone's scripts (read to the end of the thread). Just highlight all the folders you want to have a folder.jpg created for, and hit the button. It will go into each selected folder and randomly pick a file for it's thumbnail and hide it. You will need tbone's SelectEX script installed if you pick to use tbone's script.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the help and thanks for the swift reply :smiley:

Not working for me on thumbnails view. I wanted to make them like the color of the files on the three, but is not working.

Label off

Label on

It's definitely changing the color. If it isn't the exact result you want, you might need to experiment with the color a bit.

well, I think that at least is safe to say that is not the expected behavior.
note: the only color that don´t works is gray, and all his 50 shadows

The chosen color is used to tint all icons. It has to work with any source icon (not just the folders Opus draws itself), and you would want it to be consistent for two icons next to each other, so it is applied to both types of icon in the same way.

Maybe not expected behaviour, but the only way it can really work (unless we put in a separate color option just for the thumbnail folders, I guess).

I think I´m having a diferent problem, then. Maybe the color is applayed only on thimbnails mode for normal folder, because this is what I´m getting with the same filter on zip files.

And aldo found that the filter aplay on some folders, like the one drive.

It´s a diferent problem that I thought, so sould I open a topic?
Still purple on other file types.

I may try my luck with the eight ball. :smiley:

What are you aiming to do exactly?

How are the labels defined, in terms of what they match/filter?

I changed the folder icon on my system. DOpus reads the icons well, as explorer do. But the color of the folders on thumbnails mode is different, and I don't like that inconsistency.

I made a label that only change the icon color to match my already used icon, using the color dropper. But some icons changed to purple, and in thumbnails mode all are purple.

The label filter I'm using is on my first screenshot: it match type: folder only.

It's better to create a wildcard label, matching * and Folders Only.

(Label filters are processed asynchronously, since some filters can take much longer to calculate, so the change will happen a moment after you go into the folder instead of as soon as things are displayed.)

However, you're going to end up tinting the icon color of all* folders, both in thumbnails mode and outside of thumbnails mode. (*Except any that match other labels, potentially.) Labels affect both modes. If you have already replaced the icon itself with one that looks how you want it, it is going to be modified and become another color.

If you use a replacement icon that is the standard colors, then you could apply a label to all folders that tints those colors to what you want, or something close, and that would get you something similar in thumbnails and details modes (since the folder thumbnails mimic the standard folder colors).

Alternatively, remove the label entirely, and turn on Preferences / File Display Modes / Thumbnails / Generate folder thumbnails via the shell (provides 3D folder thumbs). The icon used for folder thumbnails will then come from the 256x256 image in the icon you are using as a replacement for the standard folder icon (assuming it has a 256x256 image inside it).

Changed to wildcard label.

I whant the colors of Thumbnails to be the same as Details, i.e.: I'm applying gray over gray. That should not chang the color (all the folder icons are gray, exept for the one drive icon, but I don't care about that one).

Still, I can't make the folders gray, I tryed on another computer (opus 11.17).
I'm using 200,200,200.
Can you confirm that?

I whant to use the DO thumbnails, because I think they are more useful. Hope ther is a fix for this.

Please, pretty please with money on top (like, I spent tons on Dopus 11) :smiley: :smiley:

I would actually like that as well. Perhaps something for Dopus 12 :slight_smile:

Found this here: Big Yellow Icon in Thumbnail mode { Picture Included }

So, it doesn't look like a very hard request :smiley:

I could make it white, so opus labels don't mix the colors, maybe.
I would be nice to be able to make it a solid color.