Folder Colour

Hi was wondering if its possible to have a right click menu option to add 1 of say 5 different colours to a whole line in dopus.

so you can manage your folders better or even just make some stand out more from a long list.

Regards

squidy

p.s been using dopus for years, dont know where i would be without it ...dont know how i ever managed before!! - dont even want to remember either lol

Opus doesn't have this functionality built in. But there are some alternatives dicussed in this thread.

ok ...well i did post this in the Feature Ideas section ...as i dont really want to spend out another 30 bucks or use freeware stuff and run yet another program in the background just to colour folders lol ...i figured that it could be a addon to an already powerful tool like dopus?!

and was thinking more of colouring folders as highlighting whole rows in list mode

thanks though 8)

You could abuse the System attribute on folders, which will make the text for their line turn red. (You can change the text/background colour in Prefs.) There's a small possibility it will confuse something but it's a quick way to highlight something.

You can also have different colours for items in your Favorites. So you could add things to a subfolder of your favourites list (so they're not in the way of your real favourites) to give them that colour.

Still nowhere near as nice as being able to right-click a folder and select a new text/background colour from a menu, of course. I would probably use this idea if it was added to Opus. I currently use some coloured folder icons to highlight folders I use a lot which are hard to find among their many siblings (e.g. the GPSoftware dir under Program Files) and this would work better than that.

[Edit: Folder colours are now built in to Opus, since this thread was finished.]