Folder Options does not seem to work

Hello:

In the file/folder name database Everything, I see this:

C:\Windows\Globalization\MCT\MCT Au[Files]

However, with DOpus set to Preferences\Launching Opus\Explorer Replacements\Replace Explorer for all file system folders (recommended), and

Folder Options\Filters\Hide Filter all unchecked, I cannot see MCT.

This is very unexpected, and contrary to previous experience. Would anyone have an explanation?

Regards,

Hans L

No problem here. DOpus 11.8.4

Regards, AB

How come you have 11.8.4, and I have only 11.8 x64? Makes a difference?/Hans L

11.8.4 is the latest Beta. You have the latest stable release. I can't say if that's the difference.

Regards, AB

11.8.4 is the latest Beta. You have the latest stable release. I can't say if that's the difference.

Regards, AB[/quote]

Okidoke!

Hans L

11.10 has just been released.

Regards, AB

[quote="HansL"]Hello:

In the file/folder name database Everything, I see this:

C:\Windows\Globalization\MCT\MCT Au[Files]

However, with DOpus set to Preferences\Launching Opus\Explorer Replacements\Replace Explorer for all file system folders (recommended), and

Folder Options\Filters\Hide Filter all unchecked, I cannot see MCT.

This is very unexpected, and contrary to previous experience. Would anyone have an explanation?

Regards,

Hans L[/quote]

There are many other ways a folder can be hidden.

It's probably got the hidden and/or system attributes set, and you probably have Opus set to hide things with them.

Leo, did not know that. I had always believed that if System and Hidden were unchecked in Hide. then I could see the files.

Sorry for asking, but since I have always had a foggy idea w=on where to set attributes, may I ask where to look.

Thank you!

Hans L

11.10 has just been released.

Regards, AB[/quote]

Thanks!

Hans L

After reinstalling everything, I had forgotten to uncheck Windows Explorer's "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended"). I did and restarted the computer, and still, I cannot see all folders under C:\Windows > Globalization. By the way, I also have checked radio button "Hidden files and folders > Show hidden files, folders, and drives".

What else should I do?

Regards,

Hans L

You need to tell Directory Opus to show hidden/system files. Telling Windows Explorer won't affect Opus.

The two options can be found here in the default toolbars:

Or under Preferences / Folders / Global Filters:

(Note that in the menu the options show, while in Preferences they hide. They both affect the same underlying setting and are simply worded the other way around from each other.)

Okay, Leo, got it. Must have done this at the dawn of time, and totally forgotten about it.

Thanks! It woyks!

Hans L

Okay, Leo, as I said before, I got it to work ... kinda'.

Now, I see hidden and system files in the Folder Tree. So, let me try to get this straight once and for all (I will document it); right or wrong:

• The Folder Tree is controlled by Windows Explorer?

• If I do NOT want to see hidden folders and system folders in the Folder Tree, I should hide them in Windows Explorer?

• Global Filters settings override filters for individual drives and folders OR filters for individual drives and folders override Global Filters settings?????

Regards,

Hans L

The settings I pointed you to are the important ones within Opus.

Windows Explorer's settings do not affect Opus. (Not modern version of Opus, anyway. They did many, many years in the past, but forget that now.)

OK.