Folder Options

I have reurned to this URL a number of time and it is very useful:
[Folder Formats: Quick Guide)
Does anyone know where it is referenced from within the forums?
I thought it was
DOpus Resource Centre Forum Index -> FAQs - Please Read First
but it seems to have dropped off?
Anyway keywords are:
HOW TO: Understand and Configure Folder Formats
So perhaps if a search is conducted then this post will be a conduit to that very useful HowTo.

So to my question.
Tools > Preferences > Folders > Folder Formats > Edit (a defined folder format) > Columns tab > "Columns" checkbox.
What does this do? Aside from the obvious, that is grey out all the other fields under this tab, as shown in the screenshot. Is that all it does? What is the object?

The background to this question is that periodically I discover column selections (and probably other) components of Folder Formats I have defined are changing. I dont know at this point why....

[quote="slouw"]I have reurned to this URL a number of time and it is very useful:
[Folder Formats: Quick Guide)
Does anyone know where it is referenced from within the forums?
[/quote]
Leo posted a List of FAQs organised by topic: [Folder Formats: Quick Guide)

If part of a folder format is disabled (a checkbox like the one you mention is cleared) Opus will continue looking down the list of formats for a more generic format which does have that section enabled.

It lets you override certain things for, say, specific folders, without having to copy (and then keep in sync) every single setting to every single format.