Folder Purge Command

Is there a command that exsist or that can be created that will move documents from multiple folder into one specific folder?

For context, to my knowlege in order to accomplish this command you have to go into each folder, select all the items and move/copy them to the folder the folder you want them in. I am looking for an easier way to do this, if possible.

Does the title mean to move all files in a folder to a different folder?

Sort of....It means move all files from multiple folders into one folder using one command.

Sometimes I need to collect all the files in all the child folders from one parent folder say

YEAR
Jan
Feb
Mar
asf ...

into one single subfolder say

YEAR/Sort.

All the files in the subfolders for the months are to go into the new subfolder "Sort".

So I first create the subfolder Sort (in the folder YEAR) than I chose from the toolbar

Flat View

flatview

and then Mixed. Now all the files within the parent folder YEAR are displayed below the subfolders in the folder YEAR and I can grab all of them or some of them and drag them into my target folder Sort. You'll be asked if you want to recreate the folder structure or move the files into one single folder - you decide.

Hint: If you try that the first time, make a backup first :wink:

This might be what you're looking for:

That worked! Thanks so much! :slightly_smiling_face:

The first reply I received worked. But I will try your suggestion as well. It may take me a while though as it seems more advanced. LOL! Thank you!