Folder Tree Manual Scrolling

The "Manual Scrolling Only" option for the folder tree is missing and I don't know why. I'm running version 12.23 x64 Build 7655. Can someone help me with this?

Please paste a screenshot of what you see in the dialog.

Which language do you have Opus set to? It's possible there's an issue with the translation that isn't there in all languages.

From what I can see I am using English for the language. Below is the screenshot. I circled where I believe the "Manual Scrolling Only" option should be but isn't.

Can you tell me your system DPI scaling percentage? (You can find it by right-clicking the desktop and choosing Display Properties.)

That looks like a bug that existed in one of the earlier betas but should have been fixed in 12.23, and it's OK when I try with 12.23 here, but it's possible that a particular scaling factor might still cause the old problem.

It may also be worth a try to use the current beta version 12.23.3. (It has proven stable and the next stable release is mostly a formality at this point.)

The custom scaling percentage is at 140%
I have the same version of OD on my laptop at home and I see all the options. I believe the scaling percentage is the same or higher on my laptop, given the smaller screen. I just downloaded the 12.23.3 version and the option is still missing.

I'd like to try 140%. How do you set it to that?

2021-03-26 21-38-53 Clipboard Image

LOL! Sure. You just go to Settings...Display....Advanced Scaling Settings.

So here's an update.

After installing OD 12.23.3 I turned off advanced scaling (setting everything at 100%) restarted my computer. The option was still missing. Then I checked for Windows updates, there were some so I let them install. While the updates were installing, I turned advanced scaling back on and set it 135% (note: changing the scaling requires you to sign out). I waited for the updates to install and then signed out. I signed back in and then restarted (required because of the update). Now the option is back!! I'm not sure which action made it repopulate I'm just glad the option came back. LOL! Check it out! :slight_smile:

Thanks! That reproduces the problem. Must be a quirk of 140% as it doesn't happen at any of the standard scaling factors. We'll investigate and get that fixed.

1 Like

This should be fixed in the next update (12.23.4 beta or 12.24 stable).

The fix has been tested on our machines but, once it is out, please let us know if you still see the problem.

1 Like