Folder Tree Question

Leo, I did not collapse a branch myself, I just toggled between source and dest. Is that equal to collapsing the current branch? I guess it's not. Am I wrong? I'd really appreciate a hint on where my fault is, as I keep on thinking that the tree misbehaves. Don't know how others feel about it, but I expect the tree to be able to appear expanded for whatever folder I currently work with. Wether I just opened the tree, used Go parent/ or switched between source/dest shouldn't make a difference as long as "expand selected branch" is enabled.(?) Thanks for your patience and looking forward to a non-quoted response! o))

So I tried to enable/disable some other settings in prefs -> tree -> options, just to see if I could get expected behaviour with some different setup, unfortunately that didn't work out.

So, without your input on how this should work and without any hints on what I might be doing wrong, this still looks like some kind of malfunction from my perspective. I cannot have an expanded tree after toggling focus between source/dest in a dual lister, even though "expand selected branch" is enabled.

I'm actually a bit surprised that you don't seem to care. I got the impression at least, but maybe time is just too short on your side currently or my help-credits reached zero, don't know. o) See you soon, in another thread! o)

Indeed. I said that was the case twice above.

The "expand selected branch" option does not affect implicit tree selection changes that happen by toggling source/dest sides. We could change that, but that's how it works right now.

That behaviour may be unexpected but once it's known I think everything you're seeing makes sense, along with the other tree options in play.

I felt your previous statements always included an assumption or pre-condition that was not true for me, so I chose to stay and ask again to make sure, but anyway, this last response is very clear and we finally made it through! o) Thanks for your patience. o)

I'm in for a change of course! o)

Have a nice weekend! cya, tb

I also love this mini tree view of XYplorer. I hope we can get an equivalent in DOPUS 12.