Folders are not refreshing automatically since Fall Creators Update

Since the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, my Dopus is not auto refreshing the folders anymore. I have to hit F5 in order for this to happen. I have veryfied that the auto refresh option is checked in settings, and have upgraded from version 12.6 to 12.6.3 beta and the problem still persists.
This bug is really annoying and undermines my productivity.

Please, help.
Thanks in advance

Does it happen for all folders or just some?

Which type(s) of drives are involved? (Local or network? If network, what's at the other end?)

What happens in File Explorer for the same folders and changes?

I've done some more tests and it happens only to my synced OneDrive folders. All the other folders outside OneDrive are refreshing normally in Dopus. The drivers are local, C: and D: (SSD and SSHD respectivelly). My OneDrive folder is located in D.
In File Explorer (you mean Windows Explorer?) it refreshes normally.

Even if I pause or close the OneDrive app, the problem still persists. The OneDrive folders won't refresh in Dopus when a change is made.

So changes made to the OneDrive folder in local applications aren't being reflected?

Does it make a difference if you navigate to the OneDrive folder via the D:\ drive, or via your name in the folder tree?

If Opus has been launched with UAC elevation (for the whole process, not just clicking the Admin toolbar button in individual windows), that can cause notifications to be blocked, although I would expect it to affect more than just the OneDrive folder.

Checking whether other programs can see the changes may be worth doing, in case Explorer is the only thing seeing them.

I have the last version I could reproduce the bug in Windows 10 pro 1909 (18363) french. Here are the steps.

1. Go to /Onedrive
  2. Dual panel ON
  3. Display any test subfolder in /Onedrive in destination
  4. From the source, select one or more directories
  5. And use any of these buttons (basically the ones you provided here)
    Recreate Empty Directory Structure.dcf (546 Bytes)
    Recreate Empty Directory Structure 2.dcf (570 Bytes)
    Or such command: delete NORECYCLE FORCE QUIET
  6. :warning: After that ANY operations (copy, move, delete, rename…) taking place in /Onedrive won’t auto refresh
  7. You need to restart DOpus so the basic operations in /Onedrive be back to normal.

This is very annoying and was hard to figure out why I had this problem. It happens only on /Onedrive. No matter from where you navigate to it.

I don’t know if other commands than ones mentionned in point 5 could cause the same. It also happens if only the destination or source belongs to /Onedrive path, not only if both are.

I tested with Windows Defender disabled.

You can reproduce the bug with Dual Panel OFF when use some commands such as delete NORECYCLE FORCE QUIET. The weird thing is delete QUIET doesn’t trigger the issue.

I just moved to Dopus 12 from v11 and I never noticed such issue before.

Does File Explorer still see changes if you do the same actions (in Opus) while Explorer is already looking at the folder in the background?

It sounds like an OS-level issue, with the notification handles breaking until re-created (which happens if you exit and restart Opus).

Interesting thing. The fact I opened Windows Explorer while I was testing in Dopus make the issue disappear and irreplicable even after Explorer has been closed. Now I know what to do if I see the bug. Just open Win Explorer.

Definitely seems like an OS-level bug in that case.

Yes and after a Windows Update and a reboot, the bug seems gone for now.