Folders forget custom columns

Hello,
I use the latest DOpus and everything was going smoothly. I just had to re-install the whole computer and now DOpus has a problem. Each time I set the columns to the widths I want it'll forget after a few clicks and bring back useless columns like Attributes & Codec. The only way I can use it nicely at the moment is by having the Lock on, but that lock opens once I re-open a new lister.
I am lost because even re-installing the program doesn't help.
thanks for any help

Due to its enormous flexibility, there's several ways this can be happening in DOpus8. And there's several ways you can go about changing it.

However the simplest solution I can think of is to set up a default lister style and any time you have too many or too few columns, just touch the default style tab and everything will be reset to your defaults.

SETTINGS/PREFERENCES/LAYOUT/LISTER STYLES

Create a new "default" (or give it any name you want) style, tick the FORMAT option in the lower left hand corner of the dialog box, then choose EDIT. In the next box, click on the COLUMNS tab, and set your default columns. You might also want to take a close look at all the other possible options available to that style.

John

Read up on Content Type detection in the manual, it's most probably this system that is causing it to change. You can disable it through Prefs if desired.

"Enable Folder Content Type Detection"

That did the trick!
Thanks a bunch, I had never noticed this option and must have disabled it the last time I installed the new version.
Thanks again!

I must have disabled/enabled something while trying to fix the above. I find myself always having to press Shift + Right Mouse Button in order to get more context menu options rather than just Open/Cut/Copy...

Any suggestions please?

Preferences -> Miscellaneous -> Windows Integration -> Hide Windows items on file context menus (shift overrides).

Also, you might want to have a look at this tip, for the best of both worlds:

nudel.dsl.pipex.com/opus-context-tip.gif