Folders launched from external application opening in window

In PhraseExpress, I've set a phrase like so:

{#run "C:\share\Work Related\Demos"}

I placed the above in a menu to which I assigned ctrl+shift+M shortcut. Upon pressing that hot key and selecting the phrase, I am taken to this folder in a new lister (when I already have one running).

How do I make it open in a new tab of the existing lister? I already have 'open external folders in a new tab' ticked in Opus's prefs.

Note: Folders launched via PS Hot Launch open as tabs in the existing lister.

Does Opus have a parameter to have a folder open in a new tab? I ask this because PhraseExpress supports the following:

The macro function {#run"c:\path\application.exe" "-myparameter" "c:\myworkingdirectory"} launches the specified program.

Thanks,
Sridhar.

Does this thread help?

resource.dopus.com/viewtopic.php ... sc&start=0

You could try

"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /CMD Go C:\ NEWTAB

You shouldn't have to, though. If you're using the latest version of Opus and PhraseExpress is launching folders properly (i.e. using the null/default verb instead of specifying "open") then it should just work.

Hi,

The link to the thread you posted helped.

This did the trick:

found here.

I'm using 9.0.0.8.

PHPBB_IMPORT_WARNING CODE_NEAR_LI

Do you know that you can use Opus as your hotkey manager? I used to use a utility named WinKey, until I bought Opus 6 (a long time ago). Ever since then Opus has been my system-wide hotkey manager.[ol][li] Right-click on an Opus toolbar and select Customize from the context menu.
[/li]
[li] Select the Keys tab on the Customize dialog
[/li]
[li] Add a new hotkey entry in the list (see my MS Word example in the image below).
[/li]
[li] Ensure you have enabled the System-wide Hotkey option.

NOTE: This option means that Opus need only be running (the tool tray icon is shown), it is not required that you actually have a lister open.
[/li]
[li] Choose your desired hotkey sequence.
[/li]
[li] In the Function field, enter the complete path to program and it's command line parameters

"%ProgramFiles%\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /CMD Go C:\ NEWTAB
[/li]
[li] Enter a Start in folder path, if you want the application to run in a particular working folder
[/li]
[li] Click OK on the Command Editor.
[/li]
[li] Click OK on the Customize dialog.[/li][/ol]

ADVICE: You will see in my example below that I do not use drive letters, instead I rely on environmental variables (you could also use Opus aliases). This allows me to use the same Opus configuration on multiple PCs that are configured the same (like when I'm running from USB). My customers always flip out when I come to work on their PCs (which I built) and I just plug in my USB flash drive (with my Opus USB license). all of a sudden I have all my hotkeys at my disposal without installing anything on their system. I also have menus which give me access to all significant Windows system folders for quick troubleshooting.

That's good to know kenal. But how do I setup a system-wide menu come up with a hotkey?

Like this:

You cannot create a menu that comes up with a hotkey. But I believe you can accomplish everything that this menu does for you using Opus.

The top-half of you menu looks like all folder commands, where you are simply listing the named folder. So rather than use a hotkey sequence to open this menu, use a hotkey sequence to open a new Opus Lister. Then add you own menu to the Opus Lister Menu toolbar with commands to list all of those folders. This approach will be nearly as quick (in terms of the number of key sequences) as your current system-wide submenu. You just have to set accelerator keys for each of your Opus commands.

TIP: If you name a button My &Documents, the letter "D" will become the accelerator key for that command.

Everything on the bottom half of your menu appears to be an external command (I'm not sure if your submenu program has its own commands). If they are all external commands, then you could just assign each its own hotkey (just skip the submenu altogether). This is actually quicker than pressing a key sequence to open a menu then selecting a command from the menu. You just press a key sequence for each command.

It's not going to be exactly the same, but if it means you can give your PC a diet, by uninstalling another 3rd party application, then it makes sense to change it. WinKey had three internal commands that I miss, it allowed me to set up hotkeys to Maximize, Minimize, and Restore the size of any application window. (Opus can only do those things for it's own Lister windows.) But this was such small thing to miss, when compared to the fact that Opus otherwise entirely replaced WinKey.