Font Viewer Plugin?

While DO has a number of ways to fire up a font viewer, there's nothing in the viewer or viewer add-ons that lets one highlight a font file and see what it looks like.

Would anyone have time to create a viewer plugin?

BUMP!
This seems like a great addition!!!

DOH!
it works in Opus9
included by default. So upgrade already if ya need it

OPUS ROCKS.

YAY!!!!!

It works in Opus 9 if you have the new ActiveX plugin installed, and you're using Windows Vista.

(The new ActiveX plugin will be included in the next Opus 9 update but until that is released the plugin has to be downloaded and installed manually. It anyone reading this is looking for it, it's in the Downloads: Plugins forum.)

(The MultiView plugin may also be able to display fonts (including on XP) if you have the appropriate QuickView DLLs. Not sure about that, though.)

[quote="nudel"]It works in Opus 9 if you have the new ActiveX plugin installed, and you're using Windows Vista.

(The new ActiveX plugin will be included in the next Opus 9 update but until that is released the plugin has to be downloaded and installed manually. It anyone reading this is looking for it, it's in the Downloads: Plugins forum.)

(The MultiView plugin may also be able to display fonts (including on XP) if you have the appropriate QuickView DLLs. Not sure about that, though.)[/quote]

But this is Vista only. On my x64 XP I only get hex view for fonts from Active X so far and multiview not working on 64 bit as well. Any chance to get something that works with 64 -bit XP for fonts in future ?

best regards
Lothar

I said that. :slight_smile: It's because it uses the Font Preview Handler which comes with Vista.

Someone who knew a bit of programming could create a font viewer that worked on XP as well without too much effort. I'm not going to have time to do one myself for a while, though. Too many other things higher up my list.

I'm on XP and it works. I don't know what I installed outside of the basic installer (I've ghosted my C: and when I have problems I revert to a working image of the entire OS and all my apps as I first did it with everything set up... yeah it took a lot of time). I might have installed something from the pluggins section here.

However, I CAN see all my fonts when I browse to my root fonts folder- in every case; a thumbnail and in the viewer pane.

I'm using XP sp2 mce with all the latest activeX and java's (1.5/1.6 etc) as well as various dds and cad viewers and graphic programs, if that helps or not.

If someone wants me to look somewhere in a folder and see what I've got that allows this in winXP, drop me a note and I'll check and give you a list or a screen shot on here... let me know where to look as I've since forgotten just about everything---only so much fits in my little cup at a time.
chuckle
:laughing:

What does it say in brackets after the filename that is directly above the viewer panel? There should be the name of a plugin or ActiveX control there.

If it just says something generic like "Font", right-click there and the menu should tell you which plugin is displaying the file. It'll probably be either the ActiveX plugin or the MultiView plugin.

I haven't looked since last post and I reinstalled my os since I first joined this thread. I don't know what I had installed but I'm going to find out what it was. I'll get back to ya on what I have installed... Right now all I can do with the fonts is

cycle through the available list modes (Large, List and Detailed views -nothing else shows up)
and
No viewer pannel anything.

Grrr...