FR: Exclude folders from moving

What about an option, to exclude specific folders from (accidentaly) moving via drag n drop? It still sometimes happens... :joy:

How about something like this, with @disableifpath instead of @if:set ?

It should work simple and faster, like a list where I add/remove folder-paths to protect from moving.

Edit: Easy like folderaliases in prefs.

That's what the Preferences / File Displays / Mouse / Allow drag and drop into sub-folders option is for.

Deactivating drag and drop is not the same!

It doesn't disable drag & drop entirely.

You can still drag & drop between panels as you would normally.

You can also still drag & drop into sub-folders, you just have to hold down Ctrl or Shift to make it explicit.

If you're accidentally dragging things into sub-folders in the file display, try the option. That's what it's for.

1 Like

...shift/ctrl is a problem when using Surface/touch on sofa :grin:

Use more suitable hardware then. :slight_smile: (Or one of the other methods of copying/moving instead of drag & drop.)

Wouldn't this be a problem with all folders anyway, not just particular ones?

If you want to block drag & drop for just particular folders, Lxp already gave a method of doing that which is easy enough to set up. In terms of super-easy Prefs settings, I think the one to tackle accidental drag & drop in general (for all folders) is enough and per-folder settings for it would be quite esoteric and not used by enough people to justify the time it'd take to do.

I will change to more suitable hardware...

it often happens to me too, I solved it with a confirmation request before performing the drag&drop action

3 Likes