Frustration with Find/Search panel

Hi

This is very much like my post a few moments ago about the sync panel.

I used to be able to start a search and go on looking at/working with the folder/s I had on display. Now the find panel replaces the current folder -- and I can't figure out how to get back to the folder I was in. This is particularly frustrating when working with folders deep in the structure, on a remote drive, for instance, where every search means drilling down again.

Is there any way of at least opening a duplicate lister, with the same folders in it as the ones I'm working with, in order to do a search? The difficulties of searching from the new panel inhibit me from searching as often as I want to, because I don't want to lose my current pair of folders.

As with the sync panel, I don't see the point of the new panel. What does it do that the old search window didn't do?

Running DOpus in Win 7 x64, Win 7 x86, and Win XP SP3

Mary

Click the Back button, top-left of the window. (Or push Backspace or the back button on your mouse/keyboard if it has one.)

You can also choose to have the find results open in a new folder tab, if you prefer; in that case you just close the tab.

Set up a window with the Find panel how you'd want it to be whenever you use it, then use Settings -> Lister Layouts -> Save This Lister and call the new layout Find. (You can use a different name if you make the same change in the command below.) When saving it, ensure that Close all existing listers when loading this layout is off.

Now make a button/hotkey/etc. which runs Go CURRENT LAYOUT=Find and use that whenever you want to find things.

The find and sync panels aren't new. They've been in Opus for years.

Hi Leo

Thanks again. I've now got a Go CURRENT LAYOUT=Find button.

I also noticed the padlock, since you drew my attention to it in my other 'frustration' message. I've locked it.

One further question: I used to be able to run more than one search concurrently, or at least I think I could: say, one in the LH window, switch to RH window and search for the same string, or another; or do it in separate listers.

Is that still possible? Right now, even if I run a Find in one DOpus window, then run a second find (different string) in a completely separate DOpus window, the first Find Results syncs with the second.

The find and sync panels aren't new. They've been in Opus for years.<<

Yes, I've been using them for years!

Best, Mary

Hi Mary... if you're using the regular release of 10.0 from the GPSoft website, then you're missing a feature added in a recent beta from the News & Announcements forum...

This is probably what you want for concurrent searches...

steje

This is probably what you want for concurrent searches...<<

It is indeed. Thanks!

Mary