Ftp file limit

When I try to view the contents of a directory on a remote server with over 2000 files in it, the files won't display. Only the first 2000 are displayed. Is this an ftp limit or a setting with DO? Any idea on how I can get it to work?

Jack

[quote]
Jack wrote:
When I try to view the contents of a directory on a remote server with over 2000 files in it, the files won't display. Only the first 2000 are displayed. Is this an ftp limit or a setting with DO? Any idea on how I can get it to work?
Jack[/quote]

When I FTP connect to my Linux operated web site I can view a folder of 4096 semitransparent Gif images.

All 4096 files of the "chess board" images that are transparent in one color and opaque in another color are displayed in the lister.

Sorry Jack, I don't know the answer to this one.
I can only verify that I can see 4096 files.

Luck,
                               Porcupine

:opusicon: Porcupine recovered and is back.

NP. I appreciate the input. These are mostly jpgs and the file sizes are large for many of them so maybe there is a limit on the total size allowed?

Jack

Quite possibly,

The question is why only 2000 ?
Not intended to be rude, but is it possible that your ISP is limiting time here ?

The Gifs I use are only 56 bytes each.

:opusicon:  porcupine

The first thing I would check is that if you use the DOS FTP command, or some other FTP client, that you can see the entire directory listing. If the server itself is only sending the first 2000 files then you'll know it's not your end.

Thanks for the response guys. The first thing I did when I ran across the problem was contact the host. They said they could see all of the files fine and the problem was on my end. After reading the above, I went back to them and complained a little louder. They were limiting it it seems. The problem is now fixed.

Thanks
Jack

Hi Jack !

I'm very "gl├╝cklich" ( lucky and happy ) that you have solved this problem.
If you are perhaps interested in a copy of my Gifs , let me know.

Regards,                               
                              :opusicon:  Porcupine