FTP questions

Hi - During my eval, two questions regarding FTP with Opus have come to mind:

1. How do you transfer a file from a BLIND (you can't see the files) FTP site? WSFTP has an arrow in the center if the UI, which when clicked, allows you to type in the name of the file that you want. I am hoping there is a way to do this in Opus, but cannot find it in the docs.

2. If, during a FTP transfer, the network connection drops for 15 minutes and then reconnects, can Opus auto reconnect and continue the file transfer from the point of failure? Robocopy.exe (Microsoft command line utility) has the equivalent of this for network file copy, and I am looking for this capability for FTP - it is a must for very large files.

Thanks!

If you have a link to the file (from elsewhere) then you should be able to double-click on it. If not then the easiest way is to just type the full path into the path bar such as

ftp:///

You can also create a custom button if you need to do this regularly.

Yes and no. Opus can't wait for 15 minutes then restart but it can can restart a file transfer from where it left off if this is supported by the server. When you restart the copoy you will be given an option to Resume if this is available from the server.