Ftp/sftp

My ISP prefers SFTP transfer rather than straightforward FTP which is now a bit hit and miss. Opus was connecting fine using regular FTP but is now a no go situation.

Paid for the 'upgrade' to enable SFTP using Opus but still a no go. No problem using Filezilla etc.

Can anyone point me in the right direction regarding this as often using Opus is more convenient than a regular FTP program.

A good place to start is the FTP Doesn't Work FAQ. Failing that, what do you see in the log when trying to connect?

Unless I'm being thick, you don't really say what your problem is? Simply no connection? Have you spoken to your ISP regarding their requirements?

I use SFTP to connect to my server without issue. No special settings made. FYI

The only message using SFTP on the screen is - ***: Connecting user. It simply hangs on that message with no further progress.

Using FTP - The message is - 'An error occurred reading folder: 500 'SITE ***' not understood.

Filezilla and another FTP client work fine using SFTP. Obviously something I'm doing wrong with Opus as it was working until my ISP effectively 'turned off' FTP and required SFTP.

Log shows -
Opening Proxy ftp.***:21 -> ftp.***:22
SSH: ssh_init: error during SSH connection setup 0
Connection closed

It looks like it's trying to connect through a proxy - if that's a proxy that you had set up for regular FTP, it's possible that it doesn't support SFTP. Check what's configured on the Proxy tab for the site entry and see if the settings are correct for an SFTP connection.

Thanks Jon - yes it was - now unticked.

No success - log entry shows -
Opening Connection ***:22
Server version: SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_6.7p1 Debian-5+deb8u1~ui80+7
We claim version: SSH-2.0-PuTTY-FZ-Local: Dec 19 2014 10:44:05
Using SSH protocol version 2
Couldn't agree a client-to-server cipher (available: aes128-ctr,aes192-ctr,aes256-ctr,aes128-gcm@openssh.com,aes256-gcm@openssh.com,chacha20-poly1305@openssh.com)
SSH: Fatal: Couldn't agree a client-to-server cipher (available: aes128-ctr,aes192-ctr,aes256-ctr,aes128-gcm@openssh.com,aes256-gcm@openssh.com,chacha20-poly1305@openssh.com)
Connection closed

Out of my league I'm afraid to say.

What version of Opus are you using?

v11

The most recent version (i.e. 11.19)?

Was 11.10 - now updated to 11.19. Hey presto - all working as it should.

Thanks for your help.