Fully display Search panel including the Find Button

Whenever I ctrl+F to do a Search, sure enough, the required panel shows up but the Find button on the right is never visible. I have to stretch the window horizontally to make it accessible. Is there a way around this?

If the Lister isn't wide enough to show the entire Find panel there'll be a horizontal scroll bar you can use to access the part that's out of view.

Yes, I am aware that I can manually correct the situation. What I would like to know is, is there a way to make it so when I pop up the pane, it would show already adjusted properly, even if it widens the whole window?

You could save a layout with the Find panel open and the window sized to the correct width, and then change the Ctrl-F key to open that layout (the command to open a layout is Prefs LAYOUT <name>).

Jon's layout suggestion (reply above mine) is the simplest way, but if you find that changes more things than you want it to, you could instead replace the Tools > Find Files menu item with this:

(It doesn't have a hotkey defined, so if you do replace the old menu item, give the replacement the Ctrl+F hotkey by editing the menu item after adding it.)

For reference, it runs this script, and you can edit the 3rd line to change the minimum width:

function OnClick(clickData)
{
	var minWidth = DOpus.DPI.Scale(800);

var cmd = clickData.func.command;
	var lister = cmd.sourcetab.lister;
	var width = lister.right - lister.left;

if (width < minWidth && !cmd.IsSet("UTILITY=Find,Toggle"))
	{
		cmd.RunCommand("Set LISTERSIZE=" + minWidth + ",+0");
	}

cmd.RunCommand("Set UTILITY=Find,Toggle");
}

Thanks to both of you. I have tried both and each raises a questioon.
1- Jon's option: it works but opens a new lister instread of starting the search in the folder I was already looking at. How can I make it do just that?

2- Leo's option: When the search is launched on a keyword, the search panel is closed as files are parsed.Can it be prevented and if so, how?

With these bits ironed out, both your ideas would be great :slight_smile:

Neither solution should change how the panel behaves. Is your issue with 2 something that actually happens all the time, not just when using 2? It sounds like you just have the auto-collapse option turned on in the find panel.

Ah! I hadn't noticed that box. My bad. Option 2 now fully works for me :slight_smile: Cheers, mate!

1 Like