Get Directory Opus To Remember Typed Addresses

If I manually type an address in the address bar on another file manager that I use, the address drops down for me next time when I start to type it.

Can I get Directory Opus to remember typed addresses?

Opus remembers recent folders, which can be accessed via the drop-down on the path field (assuming default settings). You can also push F4 once the path field has focus to open the drop-down.

But path completion as you type will always complete one level at a time, based on the folders that exist below where you are typing, and won't pull a whole path out of the history. I guess it could be an option, but the path history is usually only 10-20 folders or so, so picking directly from the list seems to make more sense than changing how path completion works. (At least for me, thinking about how many times I type a URL into Chrome and get unwanted subfolders put on the end of it because I visited something on the site in the past, where I then have to manually delete a lot of text to go to the top-level site.)

1 Like

Auto completing root nodes, specifically server names and shares would be a nice compromise. As then we could use the existing drop down lists to navigate each folder and complete the path. Meaning when we type \\ have it bring up a list of recent servers accessed.
I agree that while browsers are helpful, I often don't want to go back to the same page, and end up deleting more that I saved typing.

Yes wowbagger.
That is specifically what I would mainly use it for.

Such as: double backslash [Computer Name]
XYplorer does it.

PS: I couldn't get 2 backslashes to display above. It would only display 1.

Yeah, you have to escape them with an extra backslash (it's due to Discourse forum software).
So for 2 backslashes you'd need to put 4 backslashes (technically 3 would work, but 4 is more proper) like so: \\\\ to get the \\

See Formatting tips specific to the Opus forum for reference.