Give focus to a tab on mouse hover?

Is there a way to give a tab (or one of the file display when in dual display) focus when the mouse is hovering over it (as is done in Firefox through one option of TabMixPlus or as was done in Workbench with the Autopoint commodity)?

I have searched a bit through the reference manual and here but to no avail.

Thanks in advance for any answer.

[quote="aduntoridas"]Is there a way to give a tab (or one of the file display when in dual display) focus when the mouse is hovering over it (as is done in Firefox through one option of TabMixPlus or as was done in Workbench with the Autopoint commodity)?
[/quote]

Nope. But it isn´t much more of an action to klick on the tab, you have to point the cursor anyway. You also could request that feature at GPSoft.

If it's to flick along the tabs then you can use a hotkey to do that. It is Ctrl-Left/Right by default.

A few months ago I thought the same, but after giving it a try in FF, I really came to like such a thing (laziness I guess :slight_smile:).

Thanks for the Ctrl+left/right indication but that might not be very adequate when there are a lot of tabs opened.

I guess I'll make it a request to GPSsoft then.
Thanks again for the quick answers.

Just in case you didn't know it, the CTRL+LEFT or RIGHT key combo also switches you from one tab to the next in Firefox.

I just now enabled that pointer to select option in FF and I have to admit I like it too.

Me too. It's an option in Tab Mix Plus under Mouse. There is a companion option to flip back to the previously selected tab by clicking the current one. This is also very neat.

Regards, AB

Any one of you two feel like filling the feature request?

I'm only using the evaluation version (although I'll very likely register when it ends), so I guess a request from a registered user will have more weight.

Don't forget to mention the Autopoint/Workbench reference. Since DO was originally developped on Amiga I'm sure it will help the authors understanding the idea.

Please also ask for an option to switch tabs with the scroll wheel when the mouse is over the tabs.

I just submitted a feature request. Not for the last request about the mouse wheel though, I'm still thinking on how that would work in conjunction with current and possible future hovering behaviour. If you hover over a tab for a short time to make that tab active, and then roll the mouse to switch to another tab......

At any rate I also referenced this thread so perhaps the GPsoft guys will read the requests here before making any decisions.

What I've suggested would (of course) be optional, too. You would be able to select between standard behaviour, 'select on hover' and 'switching using the scroll wheel'.

You can try this by installing the 'all in one gestures' in firefox and enabling the 'tabscrolling' option. But it's not important for me, anyway. I am flexible and prefer using the keyboard.

I create a AutoIt script...

Tab Focus With Mouse

Hi Albator,

thanx for the script, but.. it does not work here.. ?!.. o)
I can see the tray-icon.. but, hovering the mouse over any
tab does not focus it..

I have to admit, i even don't understand how the script actually does,
what it should do here.. you cannot really get the area of the tabs,
can you ?! How's that done ?!

thx,
Rob.

My script example work like that...

If opus windows is activated, tabs area is determinated, if mouse is in this area and doesn't move during 200ms, then clic left and wait 800ms before continue.

With autoit you can have dopus window position and size, and tab area position and size.

Now it's an example...