Global lister configuration

All listers, styles, layouts are configured to LIST view, not the Detail view. Dopus opens in the list view at bootup; however, after closing Dopus, whether re-opening Dopus from the taskbar or desktop icon, it always re-opens in the last access folder but rather than showing the list view in which it was closed it opens to show the Detail view. Please suggest how to globally configure Dopus to always re-open in the List view of the last open window.
thanks
hime3

On menus go to Settings --> Prefs --> listers --> styles and choice your DOpus style on the right pane. Change the View Mode for the left and right file display as you need.

By default the taskbar or desktop icon open the Default Lister, so if you want that to be in List mode, set a lister into that mode and then use Settings -> Set as Default Lister.

I'm about to respectfully disagree with Leo... :astonished:

From his comments about the lister opening in the last opened folder rather than a static folder, he's got the Update Default Lister automatically when closing a Lister option enabled...? So if he saves the view (List view) he wants 'manually' as part of the Default Lister, then for some reason switches to some other view-mode like Details and closes the lister... the next default lister he opens will NOT be in List view-mode.

I was GOING to suggest setting the Ignore folder format of Default Lister option, and then set the appropriate Folder Options to 'List' view-mode... but this seems NOT to be working for me on 9.1.0.3? Can anyone confirm?

thanks for the first 2 replies. They provided clues but did not provide the answer.
I am a new user; therefore a very clumsy user of this terrific software. The solution I found last night that worked acceptably well for now:

Configure Lister in Styles.
Menu bar, click Settings, Lister Layouts, click Save This Lister.
Open Preferences
Launching Opus
From the Desktop, Open a saved Lister layout, select the saved Lister.
From the Taskbar icon, Open a saved Lister layout, select the saved Lister.

This morning, read Steje's reply. Do not know about last night, but this morning Update Default Lister automatically when closing a Lister was disabled when I looked.
In the manual I did not find the setting Ignore folder format of Default Lister option described, but found that option was checked.
thanks
hime3

[quote="steje"]I'm about to respectfully disagree with Leo... :astonished:
[/quote]
:slight_smile: I think you were right.

Seems to work for me. I just removed some columns and added the Attr column, saved that as the Default Lister, then closed and re-opened the window and got my usual columns from Folder Formats. If I turn the option off and open a new window then the columns I saved into the Default Lister appear.