GO BACK not preserving selection

If I have selected some files/dirs in lister and I go into sub-directory and then GO BACK, the selection is lost. Selection is preserved if i go into other directory in other ways: by clicking on drive button, by using GO ROOT, or by choosing directory from recent list.

DOpus 10.0.4.4.4490.x64
Vista x64

Update: This happens only when "Folders/Folder Behaviour/Select previous folder when going Up" is enabled.

That's what that option does. It selects the folder you were in when you go up to its parent (and automatically deselects all others).

First:
Selecting a new item does not preclude preserving of items already selected.
Second:
Even if the two things would exclude each other due to design decission, it (in my opinion) should happen in case GO UP. If user chooses to use GO BACK instead GO UP this means that he prefer preserving selection over selecting previous directory (if parent and previous directory are the same by coincidence).

Regards

[quote="Konrad Klar"]First:
Selecting a new item does not preclude preserving of items already selected.[/quote]

No it doesn't, although that is normally the case when files are selected automatically. E.g. if you have a bunch of files selected, and then click the New Folder toolbar button to make a new folder, when the folder is created it gets selected and all others deselected.

[quote]
Second:
Even if the two things would exclude each other due to design decission, it (in my opinion) should happen in case GO UP. If user chooses to use GO BACK instead GO UP this means that he prefer preserving selection over selecting previous directory (if parent and previous directory are the same by coincidence).[/quote]

Unfortunately the way the feature is implemented it simply checks if the new folder is the parent of the old one. We'll investigate whether this could be improved in the future.

Thanks for changing it in Directory Opus 10.0.5.0.