"GO DRIVEBUTTONS" or "Drive List" need to be strengthened

"Go DRIVEBUTTONS" produced a dynamic button to show a row of buttons representing the disk drives in system, I place the button in a Menu Button, so it is like a drive list, but in the list I can't use the drive letter to open the drive like in the "Drive List", and in the "Drive List", I click a letter, it won't open the root of the drive if I am in a folder under the drive now.

If you want to go to a drive root using the keyboard, the quickest way is to type directly into the file display.

e.g. D: is enough to take you to the root of the D drive.

Or, Shift-Return, & then the drive character "D" (if the filter bar option is active, like here).

I had the same problem, so as an exercise I wrote a short button-JScript to solve it.

Download the file below, enter "Customise" mode, drag the file to a convenient position on a toolbar, possibly change the accelerator key, possibly add a hotkey, and there you go. It shows all the current drives with their names and types and readiness, then pressing that letter goes to that drive.

I added the User's directory as well for convenience, using "." rather than "U" as the accelerator key because "U" could be a drive.

Version 1.0, 18/10/15
Go to Drive.dcf (4.18 KB)

[quote="leo"]If you want to go to a drive root using the keyboard, the quickest way is to type directly into the file display.

e.g. D: is enough to take you to the root of the D drive.[/quote]

Before switch to a drive, know how many drives there are and what the drive's label is is necessary, especially have loaded too many drives.

[quote="Julianon"]I had the same problem, so as an exercise I wrote a short button-JScript to solve it.
[attachment=0]Go to Drive.dcf[/attachment][/quote]
It's a great work, but with the drives in line is hard to read, isn't it? and a dialog is slower than a drive list, if it with the same effect like "Go DRIVEBUTTONS=noletters,labels,fixed,removable,cdrom,hideempty NEWTAB=findexisting,tofront" is the best, Would you like to handle this?
I made a menu with 24 buttons for drives, but it can't hide empty drives automatic.
ps. I used the hotkey "A" to open in the left, and "B" to open in the right. it's very convenient.

[quote]. . . with the drives in line is hard to read, isn't it? and a dialog is slower than a drive list . . .[/quote]Here you go. In the new version below, the drives and their details are listed vertically, and the horizontal list now has only the bare drives. Not much more can be done with the dialogue boxes at the moment.

If you give this button an accelerator key in its Label (maybe "G"), or assign it a Hotkey (overkill), then the underlining of the accelerator keys in the row of options will be visible. On my configuration, it's as quick as "Alt+G - - > G - - > W" to get to W: drive. I have left the standard drive list there on the toolbar above this button.

Version 1.01, 18/10/15
Go to Drive.dcf (4.38 KB)

[quote="Julianon"][quote]. . . with the drives in line is hard to read, isn't it? and a dialog is slower than a drive list . . .[/quote]Here you go. In the new version below, the drives and their details are listed vertically, and the horizontal list now has only the bare drives. Not much more can be done with the dialogue boxes at the moment.
Version 1.01, 18/10/15
[attachment=0]Go to Drive.dcf[/attachment][/quote]
It's very kind of you, Thank you very much, I like it :thumbsup:

We've made a change for the next version so that selecting the drive you're already on will take you to the root.

11.16.1 (beta) has the change. You may need to edit your toolbar to add "rootmode" to the drives list's arguments. e.g. "curdir,rootmode"