Go DRIVEBUTTONS Question

Having recently registered DO, I'm confused on this:

When I enter:

Go DRIVEBUTTONS=removable,cdrom,ramdisk,labels,lettersbeforelabels,hideempty

it works great....

BUT...I want to do the right-click thing for the right dual-pane (like I saw in another post from Nudel). When I add "multifunc" (w/o the quotes, of course) to the end of the above line, it won't work. How can I accomplish all the above AND right-click the drive icon for the right pane?

Can anyone steer me on this?

Much appreciation....

Add it as first command:

Go DRIVEBUTTONS=multifunc,removable,cdrom,ramdisk,labels,lettersbeforelabels,hideempty

[quote="Sasa"]Add it as first command:

Go DRIVEBUTTONS=multifunc,removable,cdrom,ramdisk,labels,lettersbeforelabels,hideempty[/quote]

Thanks, but it doesn't work on my Vista machine. Any more ideas?

Could you elaborate on "it doesn't work?" What happens?

That's strange (also mutlifunc should work at the end of the line, but I thought it could be the problem).

I also use DO9 on Vista Ultimate 32-Bit without any problems.

What happens on right click? Is there a menu?

"Could you elaborate on "it doesn't work?" What happens?"

"That's strange (also mutlifunc should work at the end of the line, but I thought it could be the problem). I also use DO9 on Vista Ultimate 32-Bit without any problems. What happens on right click? Is there a menu?"

Here's what just happened....

When I put in the syntax with multifunc, the DRIVEBUTTON icon disappeared after I hit OK. I never had an opportunity to right-click.

You guys probably need to start me off from scratch on this setup. I'm sure I did something wrong somewhere.

Do you have any removable drives with discs in them? If not then the hideempty argument is going to hide all the drive buttons.

No discs are in the removable drives. However, I found this out:

When I use multifunc as the only argument, it works like it should (i.e. right-click on the drive icon for right pane). But it won't work WITH the other arguments. The Drive Button icon goes away when I hit OK.

I like the multifunc feature. But I don't want DO to show the camera, SD, etc. icons when they are empty. Also, I want the CD/DVD icons to show only when a disc is in them.

Thanks.

PHPBB_IMPORT_WARNING CODE_NEAR_LI

Try these buttons:[ol][li] Removable Drives only - Multi-Function

<?xml version="1.0"?> <button display="both" label_pos="right" separate="yes"> <label>Removable Volumes</label> <tip>Automatically adds buttons for each removable drive in the system</tip> <icon1>116</icon1> <function type="normal"> <instruction>Go DRIVEBUTTONS=cdrom,removable,multifunc,hideempty</instruction> </function> </button>[/li]
[li] Local Drives only - Multi-Function

<?xml version="1.0"?> <button display="both" label_pos="right" separate="yes"> <label>Fixed Volumes</label> <tip>Automatically adds buttons for each fixed drive in the system</tip> <icon1>116</icon1> <function type="normal"> <instruction>Go DRIVEBUTTONS=fixed,multifunc</instruction> </function> </button>[/li]
[li] Network Drives only - Multi-Function

<?xml version="1.0"?> <button display="both" label_pos="right" separate="yes"> <label>Network Volumes</label> <tip>Automatically adds buttons for each network drive the system has mapped to</tip> <icon1>116</icon1> <function type="normal"> <instruction>Go DRIVEBUTTONS=network,multifunc</instruction> </function> </button>[/li][/ol]

[ol][li] Right-click any Opus toolbar.[/li]
[li] Select Customize from the context menu.[/li]
[li] Copy the code of one of the button's above.[/li]
[li] Right-click any Opus toolbar.[/li]
[li] Select Paste from the context menu.[/li]
[li] Repeat steps 3-5 for each button.[/li]
[li] Click the OK button onthe Customize dialog[/li][/ol]

No discs are in the removable drives.[/quote]
If there are no discs in the removable drives then the drive buttons command you were using isn't going to produce any buttons. It has "hideempty" which hides empty drives and all the drives which match the other arguments (removable,cdrom,ramdisk) are empty...

Put a CD-ROM in, or remove the hideempty argument, or remove the restriction to removable,cdrom,ramdisk and you'll see some drive btutons.

[list=1][] Right-click any Opus toolbar.
[
] Select Customize from the context menu.
[] Copy the code of one of the button's above.
[
] Right-click any Opus toolbar.
[] Select Paste from the context menu.
[
] Repeat steps 3-5 for each button.
[*] Click the OK button onthe Customize dialog[/list][/quote]

Works perfectly! Now...the drive list is also showing my "recovery" partition (Drive D:). How can I keep that 'drive' from showing? Everything else is perfect. Right-click for right pane, left click for left pane.

Thanks!

If there are no discs in the removable drives then the drive buttons command you were using isn't going to produce any buttons. It has "hideempty" which hides empty drives and all the drives which match the other arguments (removable,cdrom,ramdisk) are empty...

Put a CD-ROM in, or remove the hideempty argument, or remove the restriction to removable,cdrom,ramdisk and you'll see some drive buttons.[/quote][/quote]

Done! And it works great. Thanks much.

What a great product and super forum....I'm [hopefully] learning from you guys....