Go to next tab, when the current is closed

I am an old firefox user, and i want to set the Dopus behavior to be in many aspects just like in Firefox.
One of this situations is: what happen when a tab is closed. In FF the focus go to the next tab (at least by me).
Is there a way to set this to be default in Opus?

Not in general, to my knowledge.

Opus will go to the remaining tab which was used most recently when you close the current tab.

You could make a button/hotkey which selects the next tab, then the previous tab, then closes the tab. But that wouldn't work well with the last tab, and would not change what happens when you click the close buttons to close tabs.

I could change/reset the "recent" order in the tab group,and than apply a close button.
That would give me the behavior i want.

The only thing i need to know i which is the right "current tabs" file?

It's not stored on disk at all.

If you load a tab group there is no "last used" tab (until you start clicking on other tabs), and closing the active tab will activate the tab that is next to it, as you wish.

...yeah, except in at least one case that I encounter very often. Like, If I have 3 tabs open - while the currently active tab is the "first" tab - if I open a new tab (tab 4 - usually by double-clicking on the tab bar, or now the new tab 'button'), do some things in that tab and then close it without ever clicking on any of the other tabs... the tab that becomes active is tab 3, NOT back to the first tab which was the last active :frowning:.

If the behavior is supposed to be that the last active tab always gets re-activated on tab closure - then I think what I've described above should be a bug; though in that case its actually working how "aDopusUser" seems to be requesting. Maybe an optional behavior someday?

Looks like creating a new tab resets the "last used tab" to be the tab before it. I'll have to look at the code to see if there's a reason for that.

Ah thanks, that makes sense since the problem goes away if you select another tab before just immediately closing the 'new' tab. What you're saying would only make sense to me if you had the 'Open new tabs next to the active tab' option enabled (if even necessary then)...

I modified a script made by tbone called "ActivateLeftTabOnClose" so that it activates the right adjacent tab upon closing a tab. This should solve the problem.
Event.GUI_ActivateRightTabOnClose.js.txt (8.4 KB)
The original "ActivateLeftTabOnClose" script and installation method is available here.